• REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks

Post Server Management Panels: FASTPANEL against cPanel

Hey guys!

I used CPanel months ago. Everything was OK though I didn't like the pricing. As for me, it was unreasonably expensive.

This is why I decided to move to FASTPANEL which is absolutely free but has all the same functions (at least the same functions that I needed).
    Moreover, it's design is quite handy and much better than CPanel's one. Now I don't understand why people pay for cPanel when they have FASTPANEL for free.

What panel do you use guys and why?
    Last edited by Patrick_Kane; 03-06-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 523/1
    Given: 28/1
    Thanks
    cpanel for the win. The reason that most prefer and use cpanel is because almost all tutorials, instructions for installing scripts, instructions for setting things up like creating a database etc... All use cpanel.

Cpanel is tried and true. It's the industry standard.

Also many script developers do not provide support unless you are using cpanel.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 79/1
    Given: 840/2
    Thanks
    I never heard about this hosting panel before and this seems a new panel and it needs time and marketing to reach out to cPanel levels

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Thanks
    Well for one cPanel is used by many major hosting companies and it offers the ability to move hosting accounts form one host to another with ease. And it is very popular and most customers know and understand how to use the control panel. When customers are looking for a new company they don't necessarily want to learn a new control panel. We have been a cPanel partner for several years and they do provide outstanding support when needed. You will not receive such important features from a free control panel.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I think that it's already on the level of cPanel so I use it right now

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I am sure you do bits it’s not. Not even by a small margin. When your a host there is a lot of other things to consider.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 523/1
    Given: 28/1
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Kane View Post
    I think that it's already on the level of cPanel so I use it right now
    One of the main problems, for example is... If a host adopted fastpanel instead of cpanel.... And someone currently hosting with a host that has cpanel wants to move to a new host and asks this question... Can you move my site for me?

A cpanel host will say sure. I can do a cpanel to cpanel transfer for you for free.

A host that does not use cpanel, would say either no or it's going to cost you to have us move your site.

Basically cpanel rules the hosting realm and will for a long time to come. They are not going to retrain their support staff to learn fastpanel that very few use compared to cpanel.

Fastpanel may be a very nice replacement for cpanel. It's just not going to take cpanels market share except for maybe a small percentage that can't afford cpanel or are hobbyists.

Serious businesses are going to go with the 800 pound gorilla. That being cpanel.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    The only problem I see with the host move statement. Is Hostgator uses cPanel and we have taken a lot of their customers and have never had a cpanel restore with out problems. In some cases the restore was not possible so we just moved their files and databases over manually. They mod it so much that its no longer compatible with relatively un-moded cPanel systems.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    I am looking to try the panel. Haven't yet installed it.

It looks like it is very lightweight. May be it will gain traction with VPS users.

What language is fastpanel built on?
    BountySite: Democratizing Website Security

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hey guys!

I used CPanel months ago. Everything was OK though I didn't like the pricing. As for me, it was unreasonably expensive.

This is why I decided to move to FASTPANEL which is absolutely free but has all the same functions (at least the same functions that I needed).
    Moreover, it's design is quite handy and much better than CPanel's one. Now I don't understand why people pay for cPanel when they have FASTPANEL for free.

For running a web hosting company cPanel for the reasons already stated. But if you are just looking for a web interface to manage your own server nothing wrong with the freebies out there (fastpanel is free for a limited time)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    I've used cPanel the most and also recommend clients. I had to install it only once myself as cPanel WHM on a VPS for a project.
    I don't know Fastpanel, but I see it's free for limited time period (18 months) and after that you will have to pay for it. There is no clear picture about the pricing structure.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hey guys!

Hi Patrick!

I would be very interested to hear about your experience with FastPanel over the last few months.

I manage 3 small data centers down here in Florida. Last week cPanel informed us they will be increasing our annual licensing costs almost 400%. A small number of our customers will be happy to pay the additional cost for their servers because of their loyalty to cPanel and lack of desire for change, but many of them have told us they can't so we are looking at several different open source panels to migrate 2/3rd of our servers to.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of user reviews or articles online for FastPanel, with the exception of a few summary blurbs on their website. Their free demo looks beautiful visually, but it would be extremely useful to get some insight from another server professional who has used FastPanel in a production environment.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    cPanel is always the first priority of professionals, price doesn't matter all cPanel video tutorials and article material available on the internet. Users can find the solutions instantly whenever he/she found the issue. My recommendation is always cPanel.

Newer Threads

1. juliaann
    LearnTheNew
    Replies: 3 | Views: 244
    Last post by LearnTheNew, 03-08-2019, 04:58 AM
  2. webecommercepros
    Hello Everyone
    By webecommercepros in forum New Member Introductions
    lkovnih226
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1378
    Last post by lkovnih226, 04-10-2019, 02:58 PM
  3. susanburling