How important is balance between do-follow and no-follow links?

JohnWeb

What about just links that say nothing about follow?

SEOPub

Hi there,
Will Google penalize our website when the ratio of do-follow link is more than no-follow link?
One of an SEO guy told me that do-follow links should not be more than no-follow.
Any suggestion is appreciated..
Google doesn't cares.

If the ratio remains in balance google think all the link are natural but if you buy all link do follow then google think there is something wrong.
That is complete and utter BS. There is absolutely nothing true about that statement at all.

Marshbz

There are a lot of disputes about Nofollow and Dofollow links. It is important not only to get a Dofollow link from anywhere but to gain therefore, you need to balance your links and use both Dofollow and Nofollow links.

niamul21

Hi there,
Will Google penalize our website when the ratio of do-follow link is more than no-follow link?
One of an SEO guy told me that do-follow links should not be more than no-follow.
To be very honest, you have to sustain a balance between do-follow and no-follow links to boost up your SEO.

AidanSEO

Hi there,
I don't agree with a "one size fits all" approach to this, as the other "SEO guy" told you.
I would recommend analyzing the backlink profiles of your competitor sites that are currently ranking above you, including the dofollow/nofollow ratio as well as their anchor text ratios.

emmie91

We should have the ratio of Nofollow and Dofollow link but there is nothing like that if dofollow links will be more then site won't rank. As nofollow link doesn't pass the link juice, so for keyword ranking it is necessary to build dofollow links more than nofollow.

EngagementRingsUSA

I have been trying to get a factual answer to this question for many years. The most common answer is 60% / 40% (dofollow / nofollow). However, I have recently read a blog entry from Moz that their own website has this ratio reversed (40% dofollow and 60% nofollow), and they specifically state that "there is no optimal ratio of follow/nofollow links, only good links".

DM me if you want a link to the entire blog entry. It's a 3-5 min read.

jennylain

i think in my opinion you have to maintain 60 40 ratio for dofollow (60) and nofollow (40) if you want to improve ranking. but know days many company dont do seo or back linking day just to affiliate of ppc for ranking that way they can rank high

bavya

To get Google organic traffic, you need both nofollow and dofollow links. They are essential for your website's long-term performance.

rinulikes

not worth it, mods are not approving messages without a valid reason + when you ask about it your reply is deleted.
this forum is a waste of life and time do something else here is dead

Last edited:

Jatin Bansal

Briefly, it does not have a bad impact on SEO.

But, why not create no-follow backlinks when you can do it easily by commenting on other bloggers' posts, republishing content on other platforms like mix or medium, and many more. It has been seen that do-follow links accompanied by no-follow links provide much higher rankings as compared to only having do-follow links.

Hope it helps

KJH22

Both are ranking factors and there's no perfect ratio as that would be unnatural. Google wants you to get links naturally and having both will look natural. What matters most is the quality of the links and the velocity at which you acquire them.

Everyone puts too much emphasis on external backlinks. It's possible to rank on content alone if you really know advanced SEO. Most will skip internal linking and go straight to external links, which is a big mistake not to do internal linking within your own site. They want backlink "juice" from backlinks but don't know how to direct this "juice" throughout their site.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.