Can I use 2 Facebook accounts?

lkovnih226

I had an old Facebook account and using this account as main account, but recent days I have created a new Facebook account and using both on a same computer but after some days, the second account (new account) is disabled for no reason. I think Facebook only allow 1 account and they have an auto tool to check if someone is using multi accounts on a computer. Is that right? My question is, Can I use 2 Facebook accounts?

Rob Whisonant

Facebook only allows one account per person. If and when they catch you, they can and do disable all of your fake accounts and your real account.

Best thing to do is play by the rules and not violate their TOS.

SweetLana

SweetLana
why do they offer "switch account" feature then? for those who use one computer in the family? I was sure you can create personal account + work account, where you launch paid ads campaigns for example...

but you are actually right, I took a minute to look through TOS and it states you can only have 1 account...

ViceTemple

ViceTemple
I completely agree on this, but I've never heard of someone getting their profiles deleted for having more than one account. Does anyone know how strict is Facebook when it comes to enforcing this?

lkovnih226

why do they offer "switch account" feature then? for those who use one computer in the family? I was sure you can create personal account + work account, where you launch paid ads campaigns for example...

but you are actually right, I took a minute to look through TOS and it states you can only have 1 account...
I think that was just their TOS, I saw more people using more than 2 accounts without any problems.

I completely agree on this, but I've never heard of someone getting their profiles deleted for having more than one account. Does anyone know how strict is Facebook when it comes to enforcing this?
They didn't delete but they disabled after I used the new account for some hours. This only happened when I used PC at home.

SweetLana

I wanted to register work account couple of weeks ago (just not to mix personal and business contacts), and FB allowed me to. But as soon as I uploaded my picture (which was just a normal photo with my face on it), they banned access to the account with the note: We are checking your photo. I could not login ever since. Then I registered another work account and it's just fine.

FB behaviour is hard to explain sometimes...

lkovnih226

They banned access to the account with the note: We are checking your photo. I could not login ever since.
I have same problem to you.

Then I registered another work account and it's just fine.
You registered with a new name and avatar or change IP address of your computer?
Did you still login on a same PC without any issue?

mallikarjuna

Yes, it is possible whenever you use multiple Facebook accounts on the same IP address it will disable automatically. But you can use multiple accounts in different devices or different IP address.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views