Backlink on Homepage vs Backlink in articles?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
What type backlink will be better for SEO? Backlink on Homepage or Backlink in articles? for example, I can put 1 link on homepage of a website (with 250.000 pages that indexed by Google) or I can put 50 links on 50 articles on this website. Which one is better? why?

Rob Whisonant

You want your links to be on RELEVANT and high authority pages. The home page is just another page. Google does not give links on home pages any more juice than internal pages. Unless the home page just happens to be the most relevant and for your link to be on.

Just look at home pages the same as any other page.

naazaniqua

Best answer
Both backlinks are important but I home page backlink is more important than an article backlink because homepage becomes more productive than strengthening the inner pages. Homepage backlinks are very important, they help PageRank flow through your site and they’re not very hard to obtain legitimately, and under the white hat.

SEOPub

Generally, the home page of a site is going to be the strongest page of a site, so if you get a link on a home page, that is usually going to be a much stronger link with all other things being equal.

It's one of the reasons I laugh at people going after links on sites like Forbes. They think it is some great link, but they are usually buried pages and pages deep on the site. The link has very little, if any, strength.

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Thanks for your answers. I got 2 answers with homepage link is better and 1 answer for link in article is better.

I need to hear other answers and needing some proofs for link on homepage is better if possible. :)

SEOPub

SEOPub
You don't need proof. You just need to understand how PageRank flows.

The amount of PageRank that can flow from Page A to other pages through Page A's links is based on the strength of the links pointing to Page A.

What page on a site usually has the most and strongest links pointing to it? The home page.

Most internal pages have pretty weak link profiles, and that is why their links are weaker.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Make sure you did not read my response as saying a link on an article is better.

You want your links to be on RELEVANT and high authority pages. That page could be the home page or it could be an internal page. Or it could be NO page on a particular site.

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
You don't need proof. You just need to understand how PageRank flows.

The amount of PageRank that can flow from Page A to other pages through Page A's links is based on the strength of the links pointing to Page A.
Nice explanation!

What page on a site usually has the most and strongest links pointing to it? The home page.

Most internal pages have pretty weak link profiles, and that is why their links are weaker.
If homepage link equals 10 points then how many points for a link in internal pages (or articles) ?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Make sure you did not read my response as saying a link on an article is better.

You want your links to be on RELEVANT and high authority pages. That page could be the home page or it could be an internal page. Or it could be NO page on a particular site.
Got it!

Even it is a relevant page then I still want to compare it with homepage link to see which one is stronger.

Just don't put the links in your footer. While you may get an AMAZING boost for a while, if Google catches you, your site will get penalized HARD and you won't be able to recover for a lifetime.
Why? Did you have any real experience with footer link?

SEOPub

Just don't put the links in your footer. While you may get an AMAZING boost for a while, if Google catches you, your site will get penalized HARD and you won't be able to recover for a lifetime.
Google doesn't just penalize sites for footer links. That's not true at all.

Got it!

Even it is a relevant page then I still want to compare it with homepage link to see which one is stronger.

The stronger link is the one with the better backlink profile. It doesn't matter if it is the home page or an internal page. Whichever has the better link profile is the stronger link.

Period. End of story.

kpawan92

High Authority relevant links matter the most. If you build too many irrelevant backlinks for a website and try to manipulate Google. Your website can be penalized.

juliaann

Creating strong & powerful backlinks are important According to Google, Google knows everything and Google like quality links..

Yow will backlink in both cases.

Harry Sims

I came across one platform to register clients business accounts. It's called Opporty.com.
You can submit your services in the marketplace sections: opporty.com/mp.

I've managed to place a dofollow link to my site into the company description. Site's activity is not that bad. Apart from dofollow links, we've also got two clients from there. Hope, you'll find it helpful.

Brandians

I think both have important backlink in own way. Creating strong and powerful backlinks are important for seo.

Good quality backlink is really good for your website seo.The stronger link is the one with the better high profile backlink. Whichever has the better link profile is the stronger link.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.