Backlinks on news sites?

Nemanja

Premium Member
Do dacklinks on news sites help SEO? If I have 10 backlinks on 10 different news websites then how? will they help to increase rankings for my websites?

willsonrobin

News sites means press release submission sites, right? If you are getting do-follow link from those sites and If the DA and Alexa ranking of that sites is good enough, then you will get traffic to increase your website ranking.

GalynkaGlnk

Definitely yes,backlinks are vey useful in all aspects.
But there is a drawback,the Google algorithm is also smart enough to see if it trusts the site that’s linking you. It will basically assume you are the company you keep. If spammy, low-quality sites are linking back to you, it will think your site is the same quality. But if websites it trusts to be high-quality are linking back to you, it will infer you’re a high-quality site by association.

andrea pirlo

Backlinks make a huge impact on a website's presences in search engine results. This is why they are considered very useful for improving a website's SEO ranking. ... This is a valuable, natural, and relevant backlink that Website A has gained.

SEOPub

Do dacklinks on news sites help SEO? If I have 10 backlinks on 10 different news websites then how? will they help to increase rankings for my websites?
They probably won't help much at all. News sites tend to publish a lot of articles, which means the articles with your links are going to get pushed deep into the site pretty quickly. In other words, the pages your links are on have very little authority unless they managed to attract backlinks of their own.

News sites means press release submission sites, right? If you are getting do-follow link from those sites and If the DA and Alexa ranking of that sites is good enough, then you will get traffic to increase your website ranking.
But wasn't the original question about news sites, which usually by definition are trusted sites with high DA
You are both incredibly wrong and spreading horrible misinformation. DA and Alexa have nothing to do with search engines, rankings, or the strength of a link.

Of course, they will help.
The link juice that passes depends if the links are do-follow or no-follow, but anyway, both are great. If you have the chance to get on those news sites, then you've hit the jackpot!
Nofollow links are useless for anything to do with SEO. If they get direct traffic on their own, great, but for SEO they bring nothing.

ireneg

Check your spelling when you post any thread. Backlinks have a great impact on SEO. If google count your 10 or 15 backlinks that you create it brings a positive result. Thanks

odysseus

Is it NYTimes, Washington Post, Huff Post...? Then definitely, in fact they may help a lot in some instances.

Is it SmallvilleNews, The Population 1500 Post, Moms from Tinytown newsletter...? Probably not. But they won't hurt neither. If they are free and easy to obtain they might help a little with things like local search etc.

MarkMiller

I probably don't think so having backlinks from news websites will help you in SERP, backlinks can provide you with some link juice but overall everything depends on the content you're publishing, if its a well written relevant content complied with good SEO tactics, then it will surely gonna rank by its own.

hostnetindia

hard to get.
worthy because news sites are trusted due to their high traffic.
mostly new sites are popular.
getting backlinks from them is good deal.

sametistanbul

Backlinks on news sites is useful for your ranking of web site. But I suggest you focus getting less backlinks from every qualified web sites in different areas.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.