Is gaming industry still profitable?

RedTrack

I'm delving into the world of gaming and pondering a common question: Is the gaming industry still a profitable venture? I'm eager to tap into the collective wisdom of this community and hear diverse perspectives. If you have insights, experiences, or data regarding the current profitability of the gaming industry, I'd love to hear from you!

Dandil

Very interesting information, thank you. But what about earning money inside the game? I've heard that some people make new gamable characters and sell them. It's like a big business or something. Someone actually makes money this way?

Christler

Yes.. I bet in will be more profitable in the future as the gamers keep growing these days.

ewcapqoeke

I have heard that people in China farm ingame currecy in paid membership online games and sell them to rich gamers in USA. In our city its almost impossible to buy game DVD except ordering from Amazon or purchasing it from Origin. The only shop of game DVD I knows selling pirated game DVD for nearly same price as original game DVD, so I preder to order DVD from Amazon.

ClarkkRW

I truly think that game industry would be always profitable. Why? Simple, because people love to play games. And there are dozens of niches, where you can start developing a game for a needed segment of potential players.

etechsupport

Very interesting and I agree with you all, Gaming industry going to boom, that increase in future also because people going to mad for the games and I know that when they start to play any game then they invest a lot of time

Disrop

Yep, this niche is immortal.
gonna play mortal combat soon :D

HaBangNet

it depend on which market, some market eg. china is very strict now aday on game app

RenderedElite

The gaming industry will continue to grow as e-sports becomes more popular, this is something I am 90% sure of. Therefore, the entire gaming industry is profitable IMO. You can make money blogging about games, YouTube is an even more popular option, along with live streaming and competitive e-sports. Games only seem to get better, from their graphics to perfected gameplay. From PC games to mobile games.. there is probably more potential for profit in this industry than ever before.

Online Gambling has been around for a long time and 10 or 15 years ago you could make money, today is very difficult with stricter rules as to how you can promote them.

There is a new affiliate vertical that is growing in popularity and pay high and recurrent commission, SaaS or software as a Service.

EngagementRingsUSA

The gaming industry is only becoming more profitable, mostly due to the brilliant trend of in-game purchases and the aspect of social media. Games are no longer a simple function of "beating the game". They are now a social concept that also requires a financial investment, both to purchase AND to play (to buy ammo, additional lives, etc...). IMO the gaming industry has some of the biggest geniuses in all of tech.

Kollapse

The gaming industry is growing and developing every day, so you can be sure that the gaming industry is profitable. Of course, it all depends on your idea and your project. If you have an unreliable idea, then you will probably be able to succeed.

WillsBlogger

There is no one definitive answer to this question, as the gaming industry is constantly evolving and changing. However, according to a study by Newzoo, the gaming industry is projected to be worth $108 billion by 2022. This growth is mainly due to the increasing popularity of mobile and casual games.

So, while it's impossible to say for sure whether or not the gaming industry will remain profitable in 2022, it seems like a good bet that it will still be doing well.

If you're interested in starting a game development company or investing in the gaming industry in general, it would be a good idea to keep up with trends and market changes so that you can make informed decisions.

kulyenuch

I know the post is old, but I think the gaming market is going through some bad times right now. It's unlikely to grow as fast as it did during the coronavirus, so developers are forced to look for as many ideas as possible on how to promote their games, ideas and so on. Yes and all this is adjusting to the general crisis in the IT industry and the global recession, which (I think) is coming soon

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
The gaming industry continues to be immensely profitable! With advancements in technology, growing accessibility, and a broadening audience base, it's a thriving sector. The demand for games, both traditional and mobile, remains strong globally. However, it's essential to understand the market dynamics and trends within the industry. Keeping an eye on emerging technologies like VR, AR, and cloud gaming can offer valuable insights into future profitability. Remember, success often lies in innovation, quality content, and understanding your target audience's preferences. So, with the right approach and understanding of market trends, venturing into the gaming industry can indeed be a profitable endeavor.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.