What Stat Tool do you use

Holly Nicole

So I am wondering what people use for their website stats. There are many different tools out there I have used

• Google Analytics
  • HiStat
  • Jetpack (WordPress)

So my question for you is what do do use

TejasWebHosting

AWStats available in most control panels is pretty much the defacto standard for me. Combine that with some website uptime tools, and a healthy dose of Google Webmaster Tools and you are good to go...

Simple is best :) Why complicate something so easy. Focus on building good, quality content and the users will come.

DPrat

Google Analytics - The Best Analytics Platform - Pratwords.com

Being a Google Analytics certified professional, I will say Google Analytics is the best for any website stat. Most other 3rd party stat softwares use Google Analytics API for stat generation.

Google Analytics, if configured in the right way for a given website (Blog/Portal/Ecommerce), its stats and data really helps to generate the most valuable data for managers and directors of the respective website, to take right decision in the right way and at the right time.

Soon I am going to publish some series of articles on my blog which will help any webmaster to use Google Analytics in the best way suitable for his/her web business.

hoangvu

hoangvu
Google Analytics always is the most popular tool for webmasters and website owners..
Do you have any advice to use Google Analytics effectively for your website?
or you only see G analytic to know about your website stats :)

kang28ivan

I prefer to use Analytics or Histats for realtime statistic site or blog.
But jetpack is also great if you have installed the jetpack on wordpress but not realtime such as Analytics or Histats

DPrat

Right Analysis of Google Analytics data is the major part of Digital Marketing - Pratwords.com

Google Analytics always is the most popular tool for webmasters and website owners..
Do you have any advice to use Google Analytics effectively for your website?
or you only see G analytic to know about your website stats :)
Hello JerryJo, I would like to mention that other than a digital marketing consultant, I am also a digital marketing manager in a US-based IT firm. I help my clients (from US, UK, Australia and other countries) not only just knowing about their monthly stats, but also help them in making important decisions regarding their websites/portals/blogs and business by analyzing various aspects of the websites stats data which are configured on Google analytics as per their business niche. Different business niche require different strategic planning, which can be done using different customized statistics from Google Analytics . I have helped some of my clients to to gain 30%-40% profits/benefits by analyzing the GA data and take the correct decision.

All other stats counting tools are just sufficient for knowing about daily number of visitors, but while important decision making is concerned, GA is way ahead of them.

I believe that SEO, Social Media Optimization, Social Media Marketing, PPC and other techniques of Digital Marketing contribute to only 50% of the process. The remaining 50% of the process involves Insights, its Analysis and correct Decision making, without which SEO, PPC, SMO, SMM are complete failure.

I hope that helps

mido

Analytics and Clicky now. Would like to move away from Analytics all together but have not made the leap yet. Don't like the dominance from Google.

elcidofaguy

For me its a combination of stuff... Analytics, wp slimstat and for tracking clicks I use YOURLS (free opensource similar to bitly etc but better as its on your own domain) in addition to customized PHP scripts which look at passed in URL Get parameters and referral URLs which I use for tracking ads as well as opt-in signups... Obviously for PBNs I stay well away from anything to do with G ;-) ...

Fonzan

For me, I use also StatCounter plugin for my Wordpress sites. I got 3 times a month an update in the mail.
I'm not so fond that Google can peek at my dashboard as well.....:sad_no:

Reactions: elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Just had a quick look at StatCounter and it looks an interesting alternative to Slimstat... I think its good to use different tracking tools wrt PBNs in order to vary your online footprints and keep G off your back - so I'll be using that too ;-) ....

xbogdan

AWStats is probably one of the few good ones that dont require client side script installation. It’s installed on the server side and provides comprehensive logs of traffics accessing particular websites. It’s free and if your web host doesnt have, request them to install.

MrGravyCakes

I use google analytics, its free and its awesome. It tells you everything you need to know and you can use it to increase your traffic even more. If you see where people are coming from, you can increase your traffic coming from there by advertising more or sharing your link more etc.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.