How many of you are in crypto?

What are your experiences with the cryptocurrency and blockchain space?

• I have never tried it - it's a scam!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never tried it - but want to

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • It is too late to enter it.

• I tried trading but washed out

• I made a fortune trading and lost it

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I made a fortune trading

• I am promoting blockchain projects

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I am developing blockchain projects

• I work as a blockchain freelancer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chancer

3 years ago i fell in crypto, and at the time all make-money-online sites considered crypto as scam.
In fact it was pretty much a forbidden topic. Of course things got even worse in 2018...

What about now?
I wonder, how many of you are in cryptocurencies or blockchain products?
The MMO community should be on the forefront of these things, but it seems (IMHO) it is not, so i made this poll (attached), in hopes of getting a better idea about how our community is perceiving crypto.

To kick off the debate here is a short About-me: been in crypto since 2016, made a fortune trading and lost it, still trading but no longer full-time. I am now working as a part of a team on a crypto project/startup and hope it will turn into a large business (not the 'get rich fast' kind of a thing).
I see it as imperative for crypto businesses to pivot from speculative income business models to providing active services.
(i consider exchanges as passive services)

So... share your thoughts please and keep it civil :smart:

Chancer

Unfortunately i can not edit the poll.
Thank you for your input though, it shifted my DOI graph to the left :ertery:

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I voted and I wanted to try but seem it is a bit hard to start with me. I think now it is too late to join this field.

Chancer

Chancer
If you have any questions feel free to ask anything, i'll do my best to answer 😃
IMHO it is not at all too late to enter crypto. New projects are popping up constantly, old ones are getting resurrected, etc.
I still see this as the future of web TBH.
I mean there are so many things in the work it is just mind-boggling, and the bear market dropped the prices so low it is just bizarre...
(an example i personally love is a web3.0 version of instagram, current market cap of ~$800k - fully working product with 170k monthly users. See what i mean?
The bear market reset most valuations)

Of course i don't dismiss the possibility of a further drop... i've seen too much blood to forget how aggressive bears can be.
But eventually there will be a new run up - IMHO + DYOR + not financial advice + i do not store your personal data, etc :smart:

Also, there is so much more to crypto than the speculative element - there are many new "jobs" and other ways we can earn.
Also blockchain is incessantly pushing decentralization, which is bringing more people the opportunity to work remotely.
And for marketers as well as devs that will spur a whole host of new product opportunities.

See why we love crypto? It is promising untold opportunities (far beyond investing)

LooLooK

I am using crypto for 2 years.

ThinkAgent

I'm not using it but would like to. At the moment i'm just reading a lot about them

hipcat

It had a bad rep at first because many people viewed it as the currency of dark web dealers, but now most crypto holders just sit on it as an investment, but I think that hurts it in the long run. If more people started actually using it the same as cash then it might progress to something useful. It certainly has potential for that, and more global merchants are accepting it, but it's still slow going and in my country most banks have even blocked buyers from obtaining it. Are they scared of competition??

Krospix

I started investing in cryptocurrencies last year, investing $ 100 a month in promising coins.

BrandonDyer

Very true. I feel like these days there are a lot of potential cryptocurrencies that will make it and not just fop out and it is worth trying to invest in things that have a huge potential (although you have to have at least a little understanding what might wok).
I have been doing some research when it comes to cryptocurrencies and the potential strategies that I might use when I start investing and that was when I came across a thing called crypto signal. I wanted to find out what it actually was so I decided to dig into it a little bit more.

OliveFox

I wish I invested in bitcoins at the very beginning. now it's too risky because of scam

mamby

I am doing trading, Elun Mask has screwed the market

lexiavenge

Elon is full of hype as you can see in his Twitter account. Expect another hype coming!

conivalcheese

The last time I checked, market is already crashing and I believe it has something to do with Elon's tweet. At some point, they are trying to manipulate the market.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.