Traffic for an online store

Chancer

I have to rank a "selling" site in a very competitive niche, where the top 3-4 google search pages are dominated by a gargantuan corporation.
I have 3-6 months to get some traction... Which is impossible, so i'm looking for alternative traffic.

Is there a good way to drive traffic to online "stores", other than google or youtube?
(I find Quora decent, but nowhere near what we need)

(i can make blogs, pictures, PDFs, anything except videos. And i need to funnel at least 1000 people per day to our site)

Thank you.
Sincerely,

C

Rob Whisonant

The best way to drive traffic to an online store is going to be paid traffic. Talk the site owner into a PPC campaign.

Reactions: TanyaMimi

TanyaMimi

TanyaMimi
I agree with this! Since you can make money back if a persona buys directly, it's worth paying $2 for a lead ;), You just need to hire a PPC freelancer or an agency that know what they are doing !

Chancer

Unfortunately with 5% expected conversion rate we will be losing more money than making.
It's possible though that there are better PPC keywords, but i haven't found them yet (i suck at PPC XD)

I have to find something to break through the noise, but honestly can't find it, and i've been at it for 3 months now.

We have a Twitter campaign, FB campaign, Instagram campaign, even on forums... but the traction is minimal.

As far as web2.0 goes i must be missing something:
- forums
- blogging platforms
- video/podcast platforms
- picture/photography platforms
- FB/Twitter/Instagram/Telegram

What venue did i miss ^^?

TanyaMimi

I have to rank a "selling" site in a very competitive niche, where the top 3-4 google search pages are dominated by a gargantuan corporation.
I have 3-6 months to get some traction... Which is impossible, so i'm looking for alternative traffic.

Is there a good way to drive traffic to online "stores", other than google or youtube?
(I find Quora decent, but nowhere near what we need)

(i can make blogs, pictures, PDFs, anything except videos. And i need to funnel at least 1000 people per day to our site)

Thank you.
Sincerely,

C
If you sell visually appealing product, I would also recommend social media ads and community building. Check "Never Fully Dressed" on Instagram. They sell cheap clothes (they use the same materials as Boohoo), but because they market themselves as fancy hipster brand they mark-up their products as premiums - all because they brand themselves successfully on social media!

Wilsonjacob45

Best answer
I'm going to explore six super-specific strategies and tactics you can use to effectively increase your eCommerce traffic.

1.Grow Your Lists
2.Work With Influences
3.Start Blogging
4.Run A Giveaway
5.Launch A Referral Program
6.Link To Your eCommerce Site From Your Social Bios

Hope this point will help on getting eCommerce traffic

iamcamilajames

If you are selling products on your website, I think you should try some old school methods like Posting Classifieds to drive more traffic and sales on your Website. You can submit Product Pictures on different Platforms like Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and etc to gain more traffic and to get more brand awareness on the internet.

Meanwhile keep working on your Keywords so that they can get ranked on Search Engines and help you more in getting traffic and sale for the product/service you are selling to customers online.

I hope these methods are going to help you.

bl4ckhat

Like you said quore can drive some good traffic.
However you can also try reddit which often gives instant traffic.

Yamada

I agree. I am also searching quora and reddit to make posts in

hipcat

The venue you're missing is Pinterest. It's a goldmine for "buyer traffic", which is what you need. It's a social network full of buyers looking for stuff to spend money on for gifts and personal use. To drive LOTS of traffic from there just signup for a free business account and take advantage of free credits in the offers section.

For FREE Pinterest traffic use the Tailwind app and join "Tribes" where they promote your stuff for free.

Next to Pinterest I'd go with classified ads, if you have products. It's "old school" but still works. Just outsource to post everywhere with pics of your products. It's a good long term strategy as well.

Good luck!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.