Subdomain vs top page

Chancer

Does a "DA" of a domain translate to a subdomain?
E.G. does something.mydomain.com have the same "ranking power" as mydomain.com/something ?

I have a ranked website, now i will start a blog section on it and am wondering where to put it - topologically.
A subdomain is more convenient for me, but I am wondering if i will have to pay with additional SEO work for that convenience.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Does a "DA" of a domain translate to a subdomain?
E.G. does something.mydomain.com have the same "ranking power" as mydomain.com/something ?
No, which pages are having backlinks point to, then they will get good rankings and SEO score. If you rank something.mydomain.com then only this sub domain will be ranked better than mydomain.com/something

I have a ranked website, now i will start a blog section on it and am wondering where to put it - topologically.
A subdomain is more convenient for me, but I am wondering if i will have to pay with additional SEO work for that convenience.
According to me, you should use mydomain.com/something if you are going to start a new blog on your domain, top page seems "SEO" better than subdomain but as said, it depends on backlinks are pointing to which URL.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.