Getting payed for making your phone a gateway

ThinkAgent

Hello, guys, has anyone tried this method? On youtube I saw a video of one guy making passive income by using his phone as a gateway. He was using honeygain app and sharing his unused net traffic. Did anyone try this method? Need to know if this actually works

Rob Whisonant

I would not touch that with a 10 foot poll. Great way to get scammed by someone using your Internet for illegal purposes or gray area purposes and you getting to take the blame for it.

Also a great way for someone to use your Internet connection to take part of a DDOS attack.

You are responsible for everything done with your Internet connection. Do you want legal responsibility to make a few pennies a month?

Chancer

I've heard of this too, some people praise such apps highly.
As Mr. Whisonant said, you have to be mindful of the risks involved, however i would be less worried about legal implications of someone using your connection, but more worried about someone giving your phone a virus, a trojan or some other thing that could compromise your credentials and/or identity.

Why i think legals are PROBABLY&IMHO not an issue - cafes provide internet connection to hundreds of people per day, and inevitably some use it for illicit purposes. Which means there has to be some waiver of liability in the applicable laws.

I forgot about which apps were used, but i heard people made up to $100 per day during specific events, by either sharing their bandwidth or by providing a charging station - via their personal phones and powerbanks.
IMHO the level of risk involved in both options is just stupid. But it goes to show how many ways there are to earn some side money - if you are crafty and a bit bold.

ThinkAgent

After researching a few forums I actually tried it. Since I did not want to use my personal phone for this kind of stuff, I downloaded it to my old smartphone and left it connected at my home wi-fi. And it's actually working. Money is raising kinda slowly, but still, they are raising. Not sure how long it will take for me to reach necessary amount for the first cashout but will try that and tell you if I noticed some security issues or smthng.

Chancer

Awesome man, i'm really looking forward to your results.
What's your current rate and does it depend on/is it limited by your bandwidth?

Also, how's your CPU consumption during this?

Rob Whisonant

I would be a lot more concerned about what they are doing with your Internet connection...

ThinkAgent

For me, the average so far is ~4gb a day. As they say in their page it is: 'based on the hours you have Honeygain turned on, the average network bandwidth and demand for traffic in your country'. Not sure what 'demand for traffic in your country' means, but I guess your location is also a very important aspect, as well as net speed.
Talking about CPU consumption, I didint notice any significant changes during this.
Btw, on BMF I found a coupon code for this app

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.