Question about affiliate marketing

moaaz

Hi all.
I have decided to have affiliate marketing as my part time business. But before starting it I have couple of questions.

When I promote the vendor's link and customer clicks on my link and goes on vendor's website okay?
Now after some days customer deletes her browser's history and cookies. Then after some days customer buys vendor's product right?

What will be the status of my commission as customer's cookies show to the vendor that she is a new visitor.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Note: Assume customer is using dynamic IP address that changes every time computer restarts. (As majority of internet users are using dynamic IP address)

Regards

Rob Whisonant

If the affiliate program uses cookies only to track a visitor. You will not make a commission if they buy something after deleting cookies. Basically assume if they don't buy when you send them to the sales page, you are not going to make a commission.

It's very important to pre-sell the visitor and only send them on to the affiliate programs sales page once they are ready to buy.

moaaz

Hi Rob Whisonant. Thank you for answering.

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
By default, the duration of the cookie is set to 30 days. This means, if a user comes to your site via an affiliate link and purchases something within 30 days, the affiliate who referred the user will receive commission for it.
Untitled.jpg

You see we have opportunity of having 30 days period that if customer buys product within 30 days we are eligible to have commission.

Please read my first post once again.

Sorry for massive post.

Thank you again.

Hi,

Affiliate programs work on the affiliate attribution model "last click wins" based on cookies. If the customer as mentioned by you deletes the cookie, then you wont get paid the commission. I think this would be quite a weird thing for a user to do and shouldn't stop you from getting involved in the profitable space of affiliate marketing.

Good Luck

Lothian

Hi, Moaaz,

I don't blame you as this is something I'm suffering from myself... What is it? It's MINDSET.

Why would you even think about THAT. You're setting yourself up for FAILURE.

I think it's wise to cover all your grounds. But who cares if people remove their cookies or keep them? Who care if they even *gulp* BUY?

The best and ONLY way to sell anything is to give it to the people who really NEED it.

I never bought anything I didn't want or need. You too. You never get something you didn't want or need.

Unless you were tricked by some fraud.

I guess what I'm trying to give to you is that when you match the product with the person you needn't worry about cookies or other "fine print" details.

Fix your Mindset!

Hope this helps...

Daniel Cortes

If they don't clear their browser or click on your competitor's affiliate link then you will get paid if to go and buy it.

The best way to make sure YOU get the sale and not the next guy, is to offer an awesome bonus product. And tell them that they will lose out on your fantastic ebook (or whatever) if they don't buy it through your link.

Tell them to send a receipt to your email and you will respond with their revolutionary bonus within 24 hours :)

You have to give them a reason to buy from you sometimes, especially if it is a competitive product.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.