DestroyRepeat.com - Gaming and Tech Blog and Forum

Carlos

DestroyRepeat.com was founded in 2013 as a TitanFall site, relaunched as "DestroyRepeat" in 2014. I purchased the site in 2015, I also acquired a PSVita Fourm in the same year. I then acquired a FPS Forum in 2017. It combines 13 communities over the last 10 years that I've been in the forum world. I also accumulated a large database of blogs over the years, too. So, now I've merged them all together to accumulate 1,400+ posts.

I've been part of xenForo for close to 9 years, over 10 years if you include their work with vBulletin. (Kier, and Mike were lead developers of the vBulletin 3 line.) So, when xenForo 2.0 was on the horizon, I've been getting ready for a server upgrade, and so I did. Later, I upgraded to xenForo 2.1, so now I have push notifications. While all this was going on, I discovered XPress, but tested it on a new site before going global with it. After a few months of testing, I went ahead and integrated Wordpress as a mainpage, and the Forums as a backend. Now, the design that I paid for which is in the $x,xxx realm, is a modern take on an old skin.

DestroyRepeat.com

Comments. Response. Feedback. Ideas.

I'm really looking for ways to push this to the next strosphere. :ertery:

haleakua

Site looks good, I didn't have more things to suggest to improve for your forum because you organize everything very well such as blog, home and forums. Checking carefully I realized that you use blog page for your homepage and on your navigation you have 2 links Home and Blog are same link which not necessary to show to visitors. Also blog and homepage should have different type and design, I think it will be better.

Carlos

Carlos
Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!

Though, as far as the double links on breadcrumbs, it's a quirk of the XPress integration.

haleakua

haleakua
You are welcome.

Site loads pretty slow now. and I am curious how much did you buy this theme?

Carlos

Carlos
Maybe it's your connection. I can load it in seconds on my desktop machine, and my Galaxy S9. I just resized the server to 16GB RAM on Intel's Xenon E3-1230 v5 at 3.45GHz, 3600MHz (4 cores with 1 socket). I will keep this system for a while until I decide it's time to switch.

The theme was made for specifically for my site by PixelExit on xenForo 2.x with updates (as in, when new versions come out, they update it.) So, if you want something similar, go to PixelExit.com

JohnWeb

The design of the site looks good. Interesting pics and videos of games for each article.

Every time I click on a news article, I see a big text message asking me to register for the site. On my cell phone, that message takes up the whole screen, after I scroll down I can read the news and see pics and videos. Very big message to register on each page is kind of annoying.

Carlos

Carlos
Can you tell me the phone you're using, and provide a screencap?

[EDIT: This is how I see it from my Galaxy S9:

DRMobile.jpg

I don't think it's filling the screen.]

This is because it was designed for the forum, but if it is that big of an issue, I will have my designer look at it and make improvements.

I paid a lot of money to make that design happen. I love the design... but I wanted feedback, and I got it.

Thanks for the constructive criticism! :)

spendsimonsmoney

Looks good so far. The design is very professional. The website is mobile friendly, which is always nice. The whole thing blends nice together.

tahminal

The design of the site looks good. Interesting pics and videos of games for each article.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.