Do you allow browser notifications?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Almost websites gave me two options to allow or block notification for their website on my browser but I really don't like using this feature, I feel it is making my computer or my browser run slower. What about you? Do you allow browser notifications from websites you're viewing?

Hostens

We are not using this feature and honestly, I do not enjoy it when it happens on any of other sites. Less is usually more.

Rob Whisonant

Yes I do allow them but for only sites I want to be notified about. Never noticed a browser slowdown because of them.

monicageller3691

No! As every site asks permission for two options either allow or deny. I won't allow browser notifications. It doesn't make the browser runs slower because of turning on/off-sites notifications.

macfanpl

When I was on Windows, browser (usually Chrome) kept asking me from site to site and I systematically denied......
On Mac, however, there is smart-switch (as I call it; see screenshot) to allow/disallow notifications browser-wide; I have it unchecked so I see no questions about enabling notifications from site to site. Once smart-switch is unchecked, it disregards per-site setting
Zrzut ekranu 2020-02-11 o 18.28.45.png

watersquad

No! As every site asks permission for two options either allow or deny

arindamb

I never allow browser notifications and they make annoy to me, I don't know how to disable this feature on browser. If yes, I did.

tozman

I allow very few websites to be notified by, to be honest probably only one: Youtube. Sometimes websites are using web push notifications to spam ads, or track users(?). I generally don't like it.

ethelglover

Almost websites gave me two options to allow or block notification for their website on my browser but I really don't like using this feature, I feel it is making my computer or my browser run slower. What about you? Do you allow browser notifications from websites you're viewing?
Not all kinds of sites. As well as which site I like to allow that kind of notification.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.