Speed up your site

Holly Nicole

So lately my website has been loading slow. A fellow friend and blogger told me about W3 Total Cache which is designed to speed up your website there are many options included to speed up your website including Cloudflare. I have recently set up cloudflare and I so far I am seeing improvement. I haven't touched some of the settings yet as I'm still new to this plugin but it's very helpful so far so I would recommend using it.

alanmark

Yeah, I have seen that using cloudflare speeds up your site. Webicy webmaster forum was slow before but now they are very fast, you know why? They are using cloudflare.

Holly Nicole

Ya I know what you mean there it does help you out and keeps your site secure.

AntiTrust

I used before the cloudflare system, but i had some issues with them and i quit their services because when i was trying to access my website i was getting an issue like "this website is offline" and other website on same webhost was working. Also some friends told me they lost a lot of visitors because of antispam method. Anyway the speed of website is improved when you use the cloudflare system. as a improvement for wordpress i can tell jetpack it is a good plugin. It has many options, i reccomend jetpack comments option which lowered the spam on my website almost 100%, subscriptions which allow your blog readers to subscribe to your new content and comments, photon which cache all your pictures from your website and serve them from wordpress.com cdns, publicize which auto publish your new posts on your facebook fan page and your twitter and contact form which allow your readers to contact you via email.

Holly Nicole

Very nice I also use Jetpack as well and love the auto publish feature to twitter. I had some issues with Cloudflare earlier with the DNS records so I removed them and tried contacting my host to figure out how to properly set it up.

jdunhin

The number one rule for me is to optimize my images! Then only install the necessary plugins and if you don't use them delete them. Then I finally setup W3 total cache, but remember to check with your hosting provider what settings to use!

George Hiner

To speed up your site first optimize your PC.Make less usage of ram as much as possible, and I have recently set up cloudflare, which speed ups our site.

yestyle

I suggest all of you here try to read this article :
9 Easy Tips To Speed Up Your Website Load Time
to optimize and speeding up your website. Of course, you will have more ways to do but it depends on your requirements or which you want to optimize to improve your webpage loading time.

Good luck!:smart:

vishwa

Cloudflare free plan literally kill your site. Better use a cahe plugin for your site and try to use a low as amount of plugins.

londonmoon

Using - SMUSH.IT - is also a suggestion too. You want to shrink and condense image files too.

HostAwesome

If W3 isn't working out, I would recommend WP Super cache. Simple to set up and I use it for all of my sites.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Website speed is critical. A slow website will negatively impact your ranking and user experience. Page load speed has even become a factor ranking your site.

Fortunately, to speed up the page loading process is not difficult, the following ways will help you accelerate the website:

Get measurements about your website
First, you need to know how useful your website is. Open a tool called GTMetrix and run through this tool. It will tell you the speed information of your current site so that you know which to improve.

Upgrade host
In general, some server-side errors can cause slow performance. Therefore, choosing the right hosting environment is very important. For the best WordPress performance, I recommend hosting packages on this forum to use for your blog.

Take advantage of CDN
A CDN will help you speed up your site by storing multiple versions of your site on multiple servers around the world. So when visitors go to your site, they will get the version closest to where they visit. To find a free CDN solution, you can integrate your site with CDN like Cloudflare.

Use Caching Plugin
Caching plugins will create static HTML site files, instead of using PHP files that are typically used to run WordPress. It will significantly reduce the number of requests to the server from the user's browser and hence will speed up the page load.

Some of the most popular WordPress caching plugins are W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache.

Optimize your images or videos
If you are uploading photos to your site, then you need to optimize them to lighten the site down.

To optimize the image, follow these steps:

• Reduce file size by optimizing images through tools like TinyPNG.
  • Resize the image to the right size before uploading.
  • Install image optimization plugin such as WP Smush.

tayyabwpb

WP Rocket Plugin is a best solution to boost the speed of your website plus Imagify & Smush plugin are one of the best image optimization plugins that will help you to load your website images fastly.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.