Carlos

CODForums is the oldest Call of Duty Forum in existence. No one has the rich history that's behind CODForums. No one. Created in 2003, in anticipation of Activision's Call of Duty. However, CODForums.com has been through many iterations. My iteration of CODForums is about the 5th iteration. I became administrator of CODForums.com in 2009, then acquired the site early 2011. It was my most riskiest, my biggest accomplishment, and I am still proud of it.

CODForums

Fishtrombone

I think it's pretty comfy and basic, but I really don't understand the thing about those big bars with logo and other unimportant stuff on the top, you could get rid of it and just free all this space.

Aby

The forum looks nice and easy. But, the cautionary message on the top does not look friendly. You could make the logo a little smaller. That would free up some space and make the forum look a little more friendly.
That's my opinion.

100MDC

I like the design and coloring but I don't like the software. I'm just more of a vbulletin fan.

Site looks good but right sidebar seems too long for me.
True. The sharing sidebar part has no value there and the banner should move up. The right part which shows the people online can
be removed completely since 50 users online isn't all that much.

Carlos

Carlos
I was a major vBulletin guy. I even bought a vB3 license. However, as soon as I upgraded to vB4, it threw up a lot of errors. I upgrade again, it broke the entire site completely. (Yes, CODForums.) So, I complained to Internet Brands and got my money back. This money went towards xenForo, which I still use today. When xenForo 2 was released, I upgraded to it in phases to test things out, and learn the ins and out of it until I was comfortable with updating CODForums. Since then... traffic exploded. It sends notifications to your users in two ways - browser notifications (it even displays how many notifications in your browser's header), and PUSH (Mobile) notifications.

vBulletin is a dinosaur. xenForo is being developed by the same people who did the vB3 series.

fromrachel

fromrachel
I used vBulletin forum but I don't see any error, it might happen if you use any addons or plugins that conflicted together or not compatible with PHP or mysql versions. So, you should check and fix error before thinking to move a new forum flatform.

Carlos

Carlos
*rubs forehead* Why is it so hard for me to convince people that vBulletin is crappy nowadays?

Okay, look... I gave vBulletin a chance before everything is said and done. I even was on a few tickets before asking for my money back. The early bugs, glitches, and other issues were not fixable. Especially when they promised that if you had a previous skin on vB3, they'd convert the stylevars exactly. But that broke my entire site. The whole thing. When I got a new skin, that too broke on installation. When I patched it after that, that didn't fix the issue.

My server at the time had the best setup, it was even hosted by someone who knows PHP, MySQL, Linux, everything.

On the flipcoin, when I converted to xenForo. No issues. No problems. When xenForo 2.0 was on the horizon, I upgraded the PHP to PHP7. I acquired a PlayStation 4 site, and migrated all the vB4 files - Guess what? Broke again. I go back to the host, ask them to downgrade to PHP5 so I can migrate PS4Foruim to xenForo... It works. So, no. It's not as simple as just "fixing" it. It's as simple as Internet Brands being a shitty acquirer of vBulletin.

I would suggest you to reconsider and migrate from vBulletin before your site is broke. At some point, you'll come to a boiling point. I am glad I did it early. vB4 killed my site. You are going to ignore this, and realize later down the line that you waited too long. And you'll realized I did warn you. I don't know how you're still on vBulletin or still defending them after all these reports of coding hell, all these reports of hacking of vBulletin. Hell, the official forums itself was hacked, too. Yeah? Did you not notice that? If I saw all that, I would have migrated to a new platform if I were you, but hey, here you are... telling me to learn how to fix it, rather than move to a new platform.

This is how I grew since that migration began:
CODForumsResurgence2020.jpg
All that traffic? xenForo.

And with xenForo, every time I had a problem with the software or error... I could send a ticket, and they'd listen, patch it on the next release. Every time.

Carlos

CODForums has been experiencing exponential growth recently:

CODForumsPeaked4kPageviews.jpg
CloserLookatCODForums4kPageviews.jpg
CODForumsBlowingUp2020.jpg

Carlos

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War was revealed inside Warzone!

Here's the official trailer, if you're interested...

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.