Would Submitting my Websites to Directories Help Ranking Better?

Directories

• help ranking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • do not help ranking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

copperman

I have a handmade jewelry website. Would it be a good idea to submit my websites to jewelry related directories and pay to get listed?

Rob Whisonant

No it would not. The only backlinks that are going to help your rankings are links on trusted sites and are relevant to the content being linked from and to. In other words, quality backlinks.

If you can just go in and add a link to a page, so can everyone else. This makes a very poor backlink.

copperman

It is difficult to get links that only I can get but no one else. How would you suggest that I can do that?

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
What I do is visit the sites that are ranking for the search phrase I would like to rank for. I first make sure that I create content that is more relevant than theirs is and much higher quality.

I then contact other websites that have high ranking pages and attempt to work out a deal to get a link from them. If they feel the link would benefit their readers it is easy to get a link. If they don't want to just link, I offer to write some custom content for them or offer a service they may need.

You have to just get out there and start contacting sites. If it was easy, the links would be worthless. :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.