What to do if someone has the same domain as mine?

Hugo E.

I have just visited some domains which have same similar name on its domain as mine. They are just difference one or 2 two letters if compared with my domain. What should I do in situation? I am afraid some people could visit wrong websites if they typed wrong my domain name and that will let them go to other websites.

Rob Whisonant

Nothing you can do unless you have your domain trademarked in all major countries. Well you could offer to buy the domains from them for a price that they can't refuse.

yac

Don't worry. Make sure you appear in search engines for your name and typos. Should be enough.

You're not Google to buy all the domains like foofle.com :)

shiju

Nothing can be done. Unlesss you own the domains by contacting them.

It is obvious that the well-known website has its matching domain names to spam/scam people. Within that I could say the different TLDs you can definitely purchase for avoiding future bargaining. For eg. You have purchase .in version of your domain and .com is not registered at that time. Anyone can register, but the internet more searching for .com version, then the competitor has your traffic and you will suffer.

Otherwise, domain with spell changes, you can inform your readers that beware of any scam, and bookmark your site.

kaushlendra

Best answer
Hello to all,

There is nothing wrong actually and it happens very often.

Why I am saying there is nothing wrong, Because It is a business, it works that way. (I am not talking about Spam).

Let me tell you the solution with an example - There is a big youtuber name as Technical Guruji which is well known brand in technical youtube channel.
He decided to make a website of that brand then, but it was too late, that domain (.com) was bought by other and now the owner of that domain wants a high Amount to sell it.
Now Technical Guruji is on google with .in Extension.

so, it is a business.

Solution: You should buy that domain in every extension. And If the domain is not available in every extension then you should go with different one..

Keep chilling, Keep growing.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.