Is Dwell Time a Ranking Factor in SEO?

vishwa

yes, Dwell time plays a great role in user engagement. However, It has minimal impact of SEO and rankings in search engines.

prawalikaroy

“Dwell Time is the amount of time that a Google searcher spends on a page from the search results before returning back to the SERPs. Many SEO professionals consider Dwell Time an important Google ranking signal.

Rob Whisonant

Just make sure you don't confuse dwell time with bounce rate. Two different metrics. Dwell time can also be the time spent on a page before the surfer goes to another page on the same site or different site.

bavya

No, dwell time is not an important ranking factor in SEO.

KJH22

Hello,
Is Dwell Time a Ranking Factor in SEO?
Dwell time is an internal ranking factor that is on a query by query basis. Where it's difficult to "optimize" like other factors.
If every result on page one for a certain query has an average of say 4 minutes and your page is only 1 minute, that's not good. This metric can also change by the minute if you have enough traffic to that query/result. It's not like every page has an average of 4 H2 tags where that's not often changed.

It also depends on the query like, if I'm looking for a "stock price" or the "score of a sporting event", I'm not going to be on the page but a few seconds to see the result. If I'm looking up a "DIY Project", I might be there 15 minutes.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.