Incorporating mobile marketing with mobile games

hoangvu

Hello people,

Nowadays, mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets have become part of people's everyday life. It is very popular that almost every person, if not all, is owning and using one or two devices of this kind. And as we speak of mobile devices' widespread use, we cannot discount mobile gaming as part of the popularity package. Having this in mind, it is such a wonderful opportunity to use mobile gaming as a tool for mobile marketing.

Friends, I don't have such a great mind to come up with all the ideas. I will highly appreciate if you can share some thoughts to these questions?

1. Am I right by thinking that mobile games are good avenues for mobile marketing?
2. What are the ways or strategies to incorporate mobile marketing to mobile games? You may site examples.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

DPrat

Mobile Gaming As A Mobile Marketing Platform - www.pratwords.com

Hello people,

Nowadays, mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets have become part of people's everyday life. It is very popular that almost every person, if not all, is owning and using one or two devices of this kind. And as we speak of mobile devices' widespread use, we cannot discount mobile gaming as part of the popularity package. Having this in mind, it is such a wonderful opportunity to use mobile gaming as a tool for mobile marketing.

Friends, I don't have such a great mind to come up with all the ideas. I will highly appreciate if you can share some thoughts to these questions?

1. Am I right by thinking that mobile games are good avenues for mobile marketing?
2. What are the ways or strategies to incorporate mobile marketing to mobile games? You may site examples.

Thank you for your time.
Well, I will say mobile gaming is a costliest way for mobile marketing and not the best idea as the ONLY channel for mobile marketing for the following reasons:

1. The game development is a costly and prolonged process and lots of resources and persons are involved like designers, developers, strategists,marketeers, promoters,etc.
  2. To make a mobile marketing click the right button using mobile gaming, the game's theme, genre and attractiveness are the highest priorities. If it will not hit, then the mobile marketing plan based on the mobile game is a total flop. All games are not "Angry Birds" and "Temple Runner"

But , yes I will suggest a mobile gaming platform for mobile marketing, if and only if the owner and developer of the game have the sure shot solution for the above hurdles and should have other positive and working sources of revenue generation.

This project can be undertaken as an experiment and should be worked in a progressive manner. If it become a HIT, then the owner/developer can get another source of a stable revenue generation.

Last edited:
A

arorastat3456

I am trying to decide on a Master's degree program in either Marketing, Communications or an MBA with focus in Marketing or Communications. My undergraduate degree was in theatre, but after years of working in film & TV and then transitioning into media relations/public relations as a Field Producer, I now work for a production company that specializes in Corporate Communications projects. They create a wide variety of business media (sales videos, trade show media, interactive media, video reports, and even custom games and other software). I want to increase my knowledge of Mar Comm so I can better understand our clients' needs and brand strategies and be a greater asset to my employers. I also would like to earn a degree that will incorporate my varied production experience if I ever decide to transition to the client or agency side. Our clients are usually Directors/VPs of Marketing Departments or their direct reports.

richardw

1. Yes, it can be a good avenue for marketing, but it is also a good way to burn your marketing budget fast.

2. I've played so many mobile games already that has the flashing banner ad in display while you are playing. It can be disturbing at times, but I understand the intention of the producers of the games knowing that they are offered for free. And so I was thinking, if this is the only way to conduct mobile marketing via mobile games, then why not just find an ad network that is focused on displaying ads on the games of their publishers.

Last edited:

henryhill108

Informative thread!! Actually incorporating mobile marketing with mobile games is booming and fun with business marketing.

Last edited:

Roger Minto

Though some sort of problems are present in incorporating-mobile-marketing-with-mobile-games but it is booming day by day and I hope it will be a great idea for future if these difficulties can be overcome.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.