Is twitter dead?

skylimit

Hello,
Many people are using twitter for business purpose and spamming continuously for getting traffic.. What do you guys think about twitter? Is twitter dead for business purpose?
Do you use twitter for website promotion?

hoangvu

twitter is more spam with website promotion than business purpose. thus I use facebook for marketing website.

Swapnil

Twitter is the second largest traffic getting social media site after Facebook, it is widely used for business and social marketing also cases on spamming are increasing but yes it is used for social marketing along with facebook

interservermike

I agree with Swapnil, Twitter is next to Facebook in terms of traffic generation. It is very effective indeed even with the spamming issues. Personally I use Facebook and Twitter still as a part of my marketing efforts. :)

Holly Nicole

I personally prefer twitter over facebook I actually don't have a facebook page for my site because I was having to many issues with my personal account so I deleted it and have avoided it since so I use twitter for my fans

haongo

Get traffice with twitter is easier and faster than any other social media site

Inquestor

@pramod

Your article is very well structured. Very good information for those who are new to social media marketing and haven't a clue how to build a following on twitter.

ashleymadea

Twitter is no where near dead! It was doing so well, Facebook copied their business model of trending topics. Twitter is more powerful for business.

iTeachBlogging

I think that it comes down to where you spend your time. I love Twitter and even started a Twitter chat. Twitter chats are a great way to have conversations. Have you tried joining one?

zocipro

I think if you have real human followers can be good at least to share some thoughts, idea or opinion or if you have business profile then also present some news or products

lorettalschmitz

Not at all!!! Twitter is great for driving organic on natural traffic to your site if you frequently post content and have a hearty and targeted Twitter audience.

Josh

Some interesting view-points here. In terms of website promotion, I think one of the best ways of using Twitter as a marketing tool is as an individual figure-head, e.g. @RichardBranson, @notch, etc.
The most effective way of using social networks is by engaging your audience, actively interacting with them. Does anybody have any tips for that?

There are also many tools you can use, like Twitterfeed, Tweepi, URL-shorteners etc. these make Social Media marketing a whole new ball-game.

Webmaster.Xochitl

Twitter isn't dead. It's very useful to drive much traffic. I think, Twitter is the 3rd social media platform in the world.

mackrodd

Twitter is not dead, but you just need a marketing techniques to keep it working for you. social media is to share, get shared. post good content and you generate visitors to your blog. retweet people"s stuff and you will see increase in followers. keep doing that.

PatrickT

I think Twitter now has a chance for revival due to support of 140 seconds long videos and ban of 140 characters limit tweets.

binelus

Hello,
Many people are using twitter for business purpose and spamming continuously for getting traffic.. What do you guys think about twitter? Is twitter dead for business purpose?
Do you use twitter for website promotion?
Twitter is definitely not dead. If used strategically, Twitter ads can bring targeted customers to your business! It is a bit on the expensive side but keep quality in mind when doing so.

Hope this helps!

UVM

If you notice all the social media that allowed automated bots/scripts has died. Only the mobile only platforms like SnapChat and Instagram really survived because they kept spam controlled by making everything personal.

Even facebook lost sooo much of its newsfeed value.

I wouldnt invest in Twitter right now I would go more with Snapchat and Instagram

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads