what is URL priority ?

PankajS

what is URL priority in xml sitemap and what its use in seo?

Inquestor

Google states in the following link:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/protocol.html

The priority of this URL relative to other URLs on your site. Valid values range from 0.0 to 1.0. The priority value has no effect on your pages compared to pages on other sites, and only lets the search engines know which of your pages you deem most important so they can order the crawl of your pages in the way you would most like.

The default priority of a page is 0.5.

In my opinion, I see no need for having this as Google Bot digs through everything in on your website. Sometimes I find they even ignore robots.txt but not always.

jameels

It means volume of searching per day. If you have 10 keyword some one in first page second and thirds. So you need to give priority more that close in top positon.

JoeHamilton

Valid values range of URL priority between 0.0 to 1.0. This value doesn't have an impact on your pages in comparison to pages on other sites and simply lets the search engines know which of the pages you deem most important so they can purchase the crawl of your pages in the way you would most like.The standard priority of the site is 0.5.

diliberti

URL priority means your website's URL should be related to your website content and each page has its URL including the page name.

imenuglobal

This would mean level of browsing each day. Should you have 10 key word some one particular inside 1st site second and thirds. And so you need to allow goal far more which shut inside top positon.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.