The quality of Backlinks: What & Why?

hoangvu

Backlinks are links from other websites to yours. These contribute to the popularity / reputation of your website and thus they help you to rise in the search results.

When Google started, they had to determine which websites were the most popular for the search engine. These websites should be search engine places higher than others because users search for the most valuable website (sounds logical).

Founder Larry Page then called the so-called "PageRank" in life that websites could get a score (from 1 to 10).

This score was (initially) determined mainly by the number of backlinks a website because Google thought: the more backlinks a website receives, the more popular that site has to be ...

Quantitative indicators are of course easy to exploit and so Google went quite quickly on a combination of quantity and quality. Not only the number of backlinks counted more, the quality of links count ...

The quality of backlinks

A quality backlink is a link from a website that:

- Is relevant to your website (subject)
- Itself a good reputation with Google
- A correct anchor text contains
- A correct title attribute contains

Google look a little further, namely to matters such as:

- Links another website to yours (+1) or link you back? (+0.5)
- How strong is the reputation of the url you backlink
- If the linking website on a server other than yours?

Knowing this you will see that backlinks gathering is not just what you do in between, you have to know what you're doing ...

The value of backlinks at the moment

Backlinks are becoming less important, especially in the last 2 years, we can see that other SEO factors are much heavier weight than backlinks. Think about factors such as:

- Regular good, unique content
- Interaction (blog, etc.)
- Rich content (text, audio, video, pictures)
- Influences from Social Media (tweets, likes, shares).

Influences from Social Media, also a kind of backlinks?

I call in the row of the impact of social media on SEO. Google is going to find it increasingly important, they have also not really a choice as they look at the success of Facebook.

Influences of social media such as Tweets, Likes and Shares are also backlinks but a kind of something other than the backlinks from other websites. However, Google is difficult to understand for their calculations, some additional factors you can knew:

- How regularly do you get links from Twitter / Facebook?
- Which text contains the Tweet with the backlink (associated text)
- How many different profiles mentioning your website?
- What is the value of the profile that links to your website
- How many people speak about your site on Twitter / Facebook

Backlinks, buy or not ?

Should you buy backlinks or not? My opinion is a big 'NO!'.

Services where you can buy backlinks never deliver you quality backlinks. Usually buy a package of 1,000 or more backlinks from various link farms or article sites that fully duplicate content exist. These links do your website more harm than you're winning...

I've already spoken many entrepreneurs over the years that backlinks bought, then they rose immediately in Google (so happy) but saw their website after a short time or sometimes even disappear completely from Google ...

An exception is when you pay someone to backlinks for your site, in fact you buy backlinks. This can go well when the person doing is always fast. However, you always run a risk that poor quality links will harm your website.

How?

Many people ask me about my backlink strategy, I have none. Frankly, I get a lot of backlinks but I do not spend hours ...

I am focusing on publishing valuable content, the website is valuable and so people want to link to. May sound some slack but that's how my backlink strategy is working. Almost all websites that link to me have done so of their own free will.

Of course, you can and spend a rainy Sunday afternoon with backlinks to gather. You simply search Google for relevant websites (websites in your market) and approach them for a backlink.

Good luck and don't forget leave your opinions about importance of backlinks here :victory:

Alex Thompson

Hi.. I think in search engine optimization (SEO) terminology, a quality backlink is a backlink that links to your Web site using your keywords or keyword phrase, and also appears on a Web site that has the same theme or similar content topic as your own Web site. Thank you for sharing wonderful info...

mugwande

Many people actually don't understand how back links works; if you want to put back links in normal and simple understanding, assuming your site is like a car without fuel or has a mechanical problems and looking to a brake down to tour it. In simple terms back links are like brake down which will tour or pull your car a destination you like now if a brake down is weak, the car will not be toured and even a brake down itself may suffer the consequences. That is why the quality of the back link is very crucial on that matter.

Debra J. Hernandez

thanks for sharing such a helpful post with us regarding quality backlinking. As we know it's a most important part to be on top in any search engine and it's only way to gain rank rapidly in a min time.

Last edited:

JakePeter

A quality backlink is just a backlink that links to your Web site using your keywords or keyword phrase, and also appears on the Web site that's the same theme and we require these backlinks to get a high PR in less time.

JoeHasty

I think getting a quality back link means making a do follow back link with unique content in High pr sites. If we will create such back links they will definitely help in raising the PR in Google in a bit of time.

accountingguru

I would like to thank for your informative post because i got a good knowledge to get quality backlinks. backlinks can help to boost up the keywords in major search engines.

subin

Quality Back links are helps to generate permanent back links from websites.These back links are boost up top search keyword rankings from websites.

JordanMcLean

I believe obtaining a quality back link means creating a do follow back link with special information in High publicity websites. They'll definitely assist in increasing the PR in Google in a little of time if we will produce such back-links.

subin

Quality Backlinks are increase
1)top search keyword rank ratings from seo
2)increase more traffic from websites

clrexp

google or others search engine prefer quality backlinks to ranking up a website on their result page because if they are start to counting only quantity of backlinks then there are lots of spammer ready to benefited without doing hard work :D

MarkBenson

If you will not make quality backlinks I think no online visitor will pay a visit to your blog only if you will input some proper stuff then there are chance of getting traffic and sales with the help of backlinks.

JordanMcLean

If you are optioning for a cheap SEO service than I will say you are making a big blunder cause think about the efforts you will make on the monthly basis for getting or staying on the top. And now you are expecting more than thousand of quality back links after paying a nominal amount. So, stay awake and think wisely before choosing a SEO service. And of course they can provide you quality backlinks if they are charging a large amount and providing you refunds.

accountingguru

Great blog . This information are most valuable for seo workers . Thanks for sharing ..

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.