Keywords in domain name, is it important ?

Andre

Hi,
I am going to buy a domain with keywords in domain is it needed thing or not ?
Any ideas ?

HostNurse

Yes, keywords domains are advantageous when it comes to SEO and SERP.

Last edited:

Noticed

Yes, keywords in your domain is huge for SEO. If you don't have keywords in your domain you can still get ranked high in google it would just be a little harder though!

madelinekim

Selecting the domain is quite difficult task. Keyword in domain is much important as it gives the beneficial that can be easily targeted keywords. If you domain name include the two keywords then you can begin that targeting the related keywords.

leenathomas

Selecting a good domain name is very important to make online identity for a business and a website domain name should be SEO friendly. Keywords plays an important role to get ranking in search engines.

GreenBen

I'm afraid the last two posts are incorrect. Key word domains did used to be very very helpful but not so much anymore. When google changed its penguin algorithm it greatly reduced the importance of domain names in an effort to combat SEO. In short if i buy beer.com i can put any content on it, maybe info about tables. then when a user searches beer they get info about tables, rendering google pretty ineffective. Concentrate on putting your keywords in titles, meta tags and content.

When thinking about your domain name, it wants to be short, memorable, catchy and always a .com

Hope this was helpful, Ben.

danny001

Hello All,

As We have seen Google EMD's Update in last few days so, we can say keyword in Domain might not be useful so what you have to do you have to do White het SEO.

and you have to do Natural Back linking so than only you are able to get the benefits and may be you get higher rank.

Thanks and Regards,

Danny

MikeQ

Keyword in domain is important but don't use too long domain names, try to make it shorter.

bruno007

It is beneficial to have keyword in domain name but it should not violate the rules of EMD(Exact Match Domain) algorithm. otherwise your website can be penalized.

supergal

keyword is the main factorthat helps in optimization . . . It's a well-known fact in the SEO world that Google shows enormous favoritism in its rankings to domain names that contain one or more of the keywords being searched for. If your domain name is a close match to the search keywords all glued together, it's is easy to get your site to be viewed in ranking.

Brenna_Troupe

Yes it is very important.Its helps to increase traffic on SEO.Always choose your domaineasily remember and try to choose domain name .com.And domain name is must having some sense.

MichelleMedina

That would be good start assuming that keyword phrase is relevant to your product/service your business is about. Depending on your competition, it might be difficult to get good ranking so having great keyword phrase with a lot of searches as your domain name can be very helpful

Just be careful when you are doing keyword research about keyword phrase you are using. There is huge difference between broad, exact and phrase keyword match.

markbatham

Hi,
I am going to buy a domain with keywords in domain is it needed thing or not ?
Any ideas ?
I don't think so, but 1st define your goal for future, if you wanted to establish a company domain then it is not necessary that you have keyword in your domain name, as in this case Bran name is most important. For Example take a look on facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, or business standard, Mashable etc.
These are the most popular domain name which don't have domain keywords oriented.
Company/Brand domain name should be short and simple which will be easily remembered. Later in pages you can use keywords as per your choice/services/products etc.

but if focus to sell something and your AIM is to rank with high search volume kwd related to specific industry then you should go for the 2nd option that is keyword in Domain Name.
but never forget Google's Exact Match update.

imnathanjames

in my opinion...
no it isn't important....not any more.

Google do not throw any weight behind keywords in domains. And they haven't done since people abused the EMD (EXACT MATCH DOMAINS).
Concentrate on getting a good memorable domain that will suit your site and content.

ulterios

Keywords used to be very important to help a websites SEO and ranking, those days are gone and now it matter very little and then only if the keyword pertains to the content on the site.

I would just rather have a brandable domain name that is memorable and that people will remember, especially if they happen to see it somewhere like the social media sites or in the search results for a search engine.

Make them remember and make it stick! ;)

empresa87

I think it is still important but not as much as before. If possible but if not, it's not a big problem. However I continue to see that older domains with well worked keywords continue to be at the top easily.

SenseiSteve

I wouldn't dismiss this entirely as I still see plenty of high rankings sites with exact match domains.

jerryperes

Yes, keyword is the most important factor in domain name. This is incredibly beneficial for SEO your targeted keyword is being used often in back links to your website. But you must use it carefully and smartly.

Polymath

I know that keyword domains used to be a big plus for their SEO factor some years back but I think that has changed. I could be wrong but from what I have seen the last couple months they seem to have fallen from what they used to be as far as value in SEO.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads