How to choose hosting providers suitable for SEO

hoangvu

The hosting of a domain can have an influence on the search engine optimization (SEO).

As a hosting solution to choose from in principle:

- Shared Hosting
- Own server

Here are some points that must be considered when choosing the hosting providers or the hosting package. An absence of these points may set limits of SEO.

1 - Basic requirements for simple web projects

- The domain should always be registered with web space. Outsource web space on a free web space provider for cost reasons, is not recommended. Especially since domains are to have with web space already for less than $20 a year.
- The functionality of the .htaccess file must be available. For instance, required to set up redirects.
- It must subdomains can be created. On subdomains you can outsource independent of a domain. Keywords in the subdomain names mentioned are weighted by search engines is relatively high.
- Access to the server log files must be possible to log file analysis to be able to make.

2 - Additional requirements for large web projects (eg, blog, forums)

- The Apache mod_rewrite module must be activated. This need to create search engine friendly URLs for dynamic sites (eg shops).
- For sites with complex page layout, high visitor numbers or millions of bases, a fast response time of the server and high performance processor is important. Sites with poor performance will be slower and less completely included in the Google index as sites with good performance.
- The accessibility of the website should be up, best 100%. Because if a website a long time due to server works (or failure) is not available, a customer can order at this time neither something nor Google update or sub-pages to include in the index.
- The domain and the hosting account should have its own IP address to be assigned. Web projects with its own IP address are probably held by Google as more important than Web projects that their IP address with a thousand other domains share ("shared hosting").
- With several web projects that are linked with each other, each project should have its own IP address, and that IP addresses are from different Class C networks. Because Google weighted links from sites with the same IP address less than links from pages with a different IP address.

Shared hosting or dedicated server?

The differences of shared hosting (a) and its own server (b) are briefly described below.

a) In shared hosting, many domains a server and thus share the same IP address.
Advantage of shared hosting

- Cheap, usually only a few $ per month.

Limitations and possible drawbacks of shared hosting

- The processor power is distributed to all hosting accounts, so it is only a fraction of the maximum available computational power.
- It can not be excluded that it is the server (and IP address) tells spammers. This can be classified as spam mail providers in this source IP, and as a consequence can totally harmless emails get stuck in spam filters.
For security, many server functions are restricted or disabled, eg
+ + PHP script run time on max 30 seconds
+ + no access to external servers (eg, database query interfaces)
+ + No adjustments to the httpd.conf file possible

b) The higher quality alternative to shared hosting is a dedicated server.

Advantages own server

- Maximum processor performance
- Own IP address (es)
- High security, because you do not share the computer with spammers or hackers
- No technical restrictions:
+ + freely configurable
+ + Installation of any programming, programs and modules
+ + Access to external servers, etc.

Drawback own server

- higher costs (for the provision of hardware and computing power costs the hosting company money, space and maintenance time)

Hosting Recommendation

- For smaller, non-commercial web projects shared hosting may be sufficient, particularly when only static HTML pages are served and the aforementioned limitations / disadvantages do not matter.

- When choosing the hosting company the conditions referred to in point 1 must be observed, otherwise, from the point of search engine optimization nothing further to be observed.

- Hosting portals that facilitate the selection, there is in the ODP in the category Web Hosting: Directories

For larger web projects, a separate server is recommended. The advantages lie in the areas of programming, performance, and security.

If you are difficult to choose a good web hosting or server, please PM me for suggestions

Good luck ! :victory:

domhost31

One of the best information i got so far for choosing the best hosting provider..You can also try using the other popular companies like host gator and hosting raja..

jessicahuis

The only hosting requirement for my SEO needs is that my hosting needs to be online 24/7 and it the speed should be normal... the other things like IP-ranges doesn't really care

drsynthetic

I also had some problems with my web hosting provider and I want to change it so I will follow your advices regarding my next choice, thanks

Hosting

Very nicely written .It is very interesting article for selecting the best hosting providers for seo purposes.

Anthony M. Dyer

Its a bit time taking job,but finally got huge information regarding SEO based hosting.Thanks for sharing these all about.

Mark I. Bentz

Is it mandatory to choose SEO related server should be shared server?What is the difference between SEO hosting and Shared Hosting?

Michele D.

Michele D.
Don't have difference between SEO hosting and Shared Hosting, SEO is process of optimizing your website for search engine and Shared Hosting is place to host your websites on it. A good shared hosting with loading fast and stable will help you improve SEO or rankings on search engines.

kang28ivan

Very good article for SEO website/blog, enjoyed reading style speech like this :thumb:

ElixantTechnology

Unfortunately SEO really does not have anything to do with the hosting provider specifically, it is more to do with your website's contentent than anything.

Jovani

Jovani
I don't agree with this idea. Perhaps, you are not a SEO person and you need to go Search Engine Optimization section to learn somethings there :D
Web hosting providers play an important role in SEO and search engine ranking of a website, if a website hosted on a slow hosting, more down times..will affect to SEO or website rankings...Vise versa good web hosting help improve SEO ranking for a website more..just mention a few :)

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
Sure, I admit that I'm not too experienced with SEO personally, I'm more focused on the backend stuff, as you can tell I own a hosting business. It's common sense that you choose a hosting provider that's going to have little to no downtime and arent slow. But, from the experience and knowledge that I do have, I am under the impression that content is the most important... Otherwise, what would there be for the search engines to list anyways?

The way your website is built (the HTML, CSS, ETC), the keywords and quality of the content on your website, backlinks, etc. All these are very important.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views