Pros and cons of using tablets at school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoangvu

Hi everyone,

Can you show me Pros and cons of using tablets at school?
I am caring about this and hope to buy a new tablet soon

Waiting for valuable responses :wub:

hoangvu

NO doubt,If tablets are not allowed in schools then you will be punished by your school teacher.So i would recommend not use it in school
I don't think so, in US, more students are using tablet in their school instead of books. It's very useful to help students find information on internet via tablets.

Any other comments ?

steveschmidt85

You need kind of application which sync with all tablets or generate reports than student is actually using tablet for studying instead of playing games or other activities.

kenzo22

If they are allowed, no doubt that tablet is very helpful. It's amazing how you can have all your books in it and read them when neccesary or just play angry birds on a boring lecture pretending you are doing "important stuff and reading notes" :p

megb

Tablets could be a good and fast source of information. You can download apps that can help you in your research and taking down notes. But it can also be a temptation for you to surf the internet or play games during class discussion and since it makes your student life easy, you "might" become too lazy. :)

christina21mari

Learn to count before using a calculator, that's what I was always told as I child. Now it should be "learn to write, before using something that will correct your spelling mistakes for you", regardless of how poorly it may do it.

Roger Minto

Use of tablets in schools is amazing because students can learn new technology and use it
in very early stage.

Terranova

All paper books will go to the past with tablet. No needing in books and also you can access to the internet.

zaskia_smith

I think its great to use tablets in school, but also not to forget to write sometimes too! our new generation will be great pushing buttons, but will forget how to use a pen :twinke:

TheRo

Hi everyone,

Can you show me Pros and cons of using tablets at school?
I am caring about this and hope to buy a new tablet soon

Waiting for valuable responses :wub:
Pros:
1) Tablets are much more portable than books and notebooks
2) Communication and internet
3) Digital features, programs, and applications
4) A tablet can more or less be an all-in-one device for most subjects

Cons:
1) People sometimes prefer paper over electronic gadgets when it comes to taking notes and reading
2) People tend to read at a slower pace when reading on screens than on paper
3) You have more control when writing on paper
4) Generally, people can more easily comprehend notes (especially when handwritten) on paper than on electronic devices.

Pink_Turtle

I think tables for students in general are great. You don't need to spend that much money in books and notebooks and it's ecologic. You'll be saving some trees out there. I also use it for college and since you get to save audio and videos you can actually improve your way of studying and optimize your learning... The bad thing is I still use a physical agenda to write everything down because nothing can get you the feeling of scratching off a chore of a list.

josh30

Pros on having a tablet in school is that, you will not gonna bring all your book in school and you can have a bigger access on the library and learning for the specific subject that you have, the Cons is that maybe there are a lot of thing you can do if you have a table, it has a lot of distraction when studying. For example is GAMES!

Gizamulake07

Bringing tablets in school can have it's fair share of advantages and disadvantages as well. On the bright side, It does give the students a more flexible way of looking for answers or topics that can aid them in their studies. It unfortunately also tempts you to play games, or just surf until you forget what your true priorities are in school.

So if you decide in bringing a tablet in school, just make sure that you set your priorities straight and remember that your going to school to learn, not just wack that tablet until the battery runs out. Owners of these gadgets have to be very responsible about how they use it.

jeksaturday

Pros on using tablets on schooling is that, you don't have the struggle to bring with you a bag full of books that most students really doesn't read at all, if you know what I mean. It may come in handy as well especially when a teacher asked a question and you don't have and idea, you can just seek aid with google.

Cons on the other hand are pretty obvious, student can play mobile games during class lectures, teachers may find their students distracted and they might not care at all, since its "GAMING". Another is the fact that it is a valuable object, you can't afford to lose it when you have tons of school notes in that tablet.

Llykam

Pros: Easy access to saved files and can be edited if there are mistakes or in need of revision.
Pretty easy to bring anywhere you want since it's just a tablet, lighter than books, and notebooks. You can take pics with it.

Cons: Its battery-generated so there is a problem with charging. Do you know why teachers let students copy their lessons manually because copying helps the students to read and retain something from those lessons. If you use tablet to copy by taking a picture of the lessons, there is a big chance that you'll not read it thoroughly because you're sure you have a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.