What is the benefits of ping website?

vinpay

Hello,

Could anyone show me benefits of pinging website and its importance
I don't think it's important for SEO, what about you ?

Thanks in advanced!

OWF

This is very simple to understand, it takes a lot of time for Google to index your link on other sites for it to attribute it to you as backlink. Pinging it notofies google to crawl those site for it to find you link and attribute it as backlink.

Alex_smith

Pinging is a website means, saying to search engine that you have created the new web page and i want to index that webpage.

stewartmcgill

By doing pinging of your website or blog, it send our web url information to all that resource of blogs or sites, which is under that ping process. By using this pinging services helps to our website index into search engines easily and as early as possible..

uniecommerce

Pinging acknowledges the google and helps in fast indexing. Thereby strengthen the backlinks.

NileLars

Re:

I had tried some pinging website for ping my approved link and I had observed that some of links are just crawled and maximum are haven't crawl yet. SO I think in place of pinging links, you can invite crawlers to your page with the help of informative content.

Repfixers

Pinging a website means to notify the search engines about the launch of a new website. By pinging you are letting know these search engines that new websites is available for viewing online.Those people who are involved with internet marketing create web content to be paced at other websites so that people can read that and follow the links present within the content.The way of benefits pinging helps with SEO is by alerting a lot of different sites that there is new content for them to check out.

Aaron.jim

Hey,..
basically pings sites are for indexing backlinks faster by search engine it notify that these backlinks should index faster but now a days it isn't really effective..

shophia

I use pinging for faster indexing my backlinks. After article submit ins via wizard article submitter i create a rss feed and send them to few rss aggregate sites and ping them to let google robots know about new content.

pixelfire

Pinging your website is equivalent to yelling in crowd to grab attention.For this you need a website ping tool.Using the ping tool you can speed up indexing your web pages which is its main advantage.One such tool is Affilorama.This tool will alert major search engine to crawl your website for indexing.

KalianaGenevious

This indicates to the search engines that you have updated your website. It helps to get more traffic and also helps to index in search engines very faster.

Kavin Martin

Various tools are developed to assist individuals expand their on-line business, with one in every of the additional outstanding ones being "pinging". However, it looks that a lot of individuals are still unclear on what pinging is, including what the advantages of pinging your website and its pages are.To put things as merely as potential, pinging is largely the act of rental variety of varied directories and search engines understand that one thing new has been additional or updated on your web site. The act of pinging is feasible through variety which provide the service; all you would like to try to to is enter the URL of your website, press the suitable button, and also the website are going to be pinged across internet.

Alex Thompson

Pinging is a website means, saying to search engine that you have created the new web page and i want to index that webpage. It helps to get more traffic and also helps to index in search engines very faster.

freebird37

Indexes your blog/website faster to major search engines like Google. Indexes your blog incoming links. Drives more traffic on your blog. Helps generate backlinks, which is good SEO. It's mainly used when you've updated your blog/website or when you've got a backlink.

Aree

This is an interesting development.

Long ago, I used pinging tools, mainly Pingdom Tool, to check my website. Pinging my website tells me whether it's accessible and how long does it takes to load, plus what are the factors which may be causing a delay in load time.

So, how do we really know if pinging our own site alerts search bots about new content?

While waiting for a definitive answer, rather than an assumptive response, let me share what I do to tell the internet that I have new content.

When I have published a new article or a new video, I share it with a few social media networks. The first is Google+ because my blog is on Blogger. I think that's a great place to put any new content. I presume that the Google searchbots should be automatically alerted whenever there is any new content on Blogger.

Then I share on Facebook and Twitter. One thing I have learned. The more people share your content, the more important it becomes in the eyes of the search bots. So build up a network of friends on Twitter and Facebook who will like and share whatever you publish.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hello,

Could anyone show me benefits of pinging website and its importance
I don't think it's important for SEO, what about you ?

Thanks in advanced!
Ping is just an old SEO techniques in the past and it didn't work any more. Fetch tool in Google webmaster tools is a replacement for kind of this tool which many webmasters used to fetch their new articles/posts to easily get indexed fast by Google.

This is an interesting development.

Long ago, I used pinging tools, mainly Pingdom Tool, to check my website. Pinging my website tells me whether it's accessible and how long does it takes to load, plus what are the factors which may be causing a delay in load time.

So, how do we really know if pinging our own site alerts search bots about new content?
Pingdom Tool is a tool to check website speed and it doesn't have anything related to SEO though.

While waiting for a definitive answer, rather than an assumptive response, let me share what I do to tell the internet that I have new content.

When I have published a new article or a new video, I share it with a few social media networks. The first is Google+ because my blog is on Blogger. I think that's a great place to put any new content. I presume that the Google searchbots should be automatically alerted whenever there is any new content on Blogger.

Then I share on Facebook and Twitter. One thing I have learned. The more people share your content, the more important it becomes in the eyes of the search bots. So build up a network of friends on Twitter and Facebook who will like and share whatever you publish.
Yes it likes a ping tool but it will not help your site get indexed faster on Google. If you want to have a real ping tool then Google fetch tool is a good choice and telling search engine (Google) your article is just submitted and it should be crawled and indexed.

Aree

Aree

Thank you for the heads up about Google Fetch. I went to the Google site about the Fetch tool. It's interesting. I tested it with my site, which is hosted on Blogger. Strangely, the Fetch tool says that my home page is unreachable. I checked my home page via my browser. No problem at all. It's definitely reachable. Now I wonder whether there is a bug with Google Fetch.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
There are several reasons caused that because your web page has a big size and it makes Google hard to fetch it, sometimes I got same error and I had to repeat many times till it showed green icon status.
Also, you don't forget to check if on your web page is putting a nofollow tag thus Google will ignore this when checking web pages.

mildredtabitha

When you update content on your site, ping alerts different search engines and this leads to faster indexing.

Ping is also built in WordPress meaning that ping does this for your website automatically.

Though ping helps google to index your site faster, I also don't think it is important for SEO. Submitting a link manually to google is effective since the website will get indexed in minutes.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.