Best way to learn CSS?

hoangvu

What is the fastest and most effective way of learning CSS?

I want to research from home, at my own pace as opposed to going to classes or getting a mentor.

Any excellent techniques out there?

annahussy

CSS is one of the important part of web site in which you can maintain overall website structure like page height,width,color,fonts etc. If you want to learn CSS effectively then you should use w3school which is the best tutorial for learning CSS.

Tshepo

CSS works hand in hand with HTML; HTML sorts out the page structure, CSS makes it look pretty and adds subtle levels of interaction. As a web designer you should really get to grips with both these languages. Even if you dont do the coding yourself, understanding how they work will help you design for the web.

contech

you can search CSS tutorials on Youtube, the are many of them. You can also learn some php and html which is sometimes included in the tutorials

BloodMaster

For learning the CSS. I would suggest you to visit Lynda.com and see the video tutorials. If you interested for reading material than visit w3schools. It is also great site for learning I also suggest you Code Academy - free online lessons. I suggest you to go with one of these for a better learning.

MichaelBowden

CSS is very important for website design.So if you are interested in learning CSS according to me w3schools is the best and you can watch video tutorials too.

JohnWashington

If someone wants to learn basic concepts about CSS then there is no better option than w3schools.com.In addition to CSS this site also provides study materials of HTML, SQL, JavaScript.

margarita

Learn while you are creating a real website, it's the best way to learn and remember CSS codes effectively.
Also you can go w3school or css zengarden as references :)

olaryeankarh

Well I see a lot of people recommending W3C. It is a great site and in fact, the pace-setter for web properties but I've never had a luck of getting to use them to learn; most times, I only visit for references.
I recommend 'free code camp' for free, fun and network-triggered learning. They may even have physical can in your hood you could do random hangouts with if you wish. Plus, there's Facebook group for all too join and share ideas/help eachother out.

joed77

I would download some simple website with Wget, open the CSS in a text editor, preferably Sublime Text, open the HTML file in the browser, and start tinkering with the CSS file. modify, save, refresh the HTML, and repeat the process. It's more fun and realistic.

gelotologist

The best way to learn CSS is to learn it from the website called "w3schools.com". This websites provides all the information you need from CSS to PHP or even on Html5. It gives you more topics and information and the best thing about is you can take a test right away if you're done learning it.

mrschanandlerbong

I agree with joed77 up there. I learned by downloading the code for a site I liked and then changing things until something broke. It was a lot of fun because I was working with a design I already liked (instead of basic code) and the hands-on experience really accelerated the learning process for me. Good luck!

afftomm

I learned CSS by looking it up and watching videos on youtube. W3schools.com is where I mostly go if I'm looking for, or forgot the code. For me W3school is great because it explains the code well and gives examples on how to use them.

m_cel

The best way to learn CSS is to make tutorials first. You can do tutorials on YouTube without any charges it’s for free. Then if you have enough knowledge about CSS you can read some books for you to be able to master CSS though there are also courses online. Choose what suits you and comfortable on learning CSS.

Frappic

Just use Youtube man... You can learn much stuff there. The world is yours with youtube

Brill Mindz

You need to relate that to your personal life. If you've ever decorated / designed / built something (like your house, shelf, office, school parties / functions, etc.) then it should be a little simpler for you.
Example (and I'm really imagining it as it goes) See, at first, you've got this big empty room. Now the first thing you want to do is to paint it, it could be different color or just a common base color like light gray.
You probably want to make some smaller partitions in the room right now. Such partitions may have different styles and histories. Now you want to bring in some things like posters, TV sets, Couch, Bed, Pet, etc, and they're all going to be according to your specifications (but sometime you've got to use the stuff that someone else gives you).
Now you need doors to connect rooms (some can be password protected) and windows, and so on.

This is what Web design is, and this is what CSS / CSS3 helps you to do.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.