What is the best photoshop skills for newbies?

hoangvu

The best photoshop that does cool things, and good for starters, I am new to that....

So, if someone is experienced with this, help me out!

Thanks.

Stephen Seabrook

Adobe photoshop is very good tool for beginner because I experienced enourmousus features of this tool.The best way to learn adobe photoshop tool is to go for free tutorials on internet which help you most and you require daily practice to know each and every feature of it.You need to make commitment and curiosity to learn new things don't loose patience.

Top Niche Websites

If your new to photoshop and want to learn more the best source is just view lots of video on youtube and there a ton of how to online where you can follow step by step directions.

clrexp

Photoshop is the best tool to edit any kinds of image to make it more professional look. for beginner I think its a easy tools if they know some basic elements.

ClearEyes

Theres a lot to learn in Photoshop, but stick with it and it will be worth it. The problem is that there are just so many actions, filters and effects that you can easily become disillusioned.

I guess it all depends on where you are in your learning, I mean can you use and understand all of the preset tools in your palette or are you further along and understand and use masks for example.

Perhaps you could explain or even show some work and we could help you out.

imjava

Hi Stephen,
From my experience you can learn photoshop without any physical books or teacher, just by searching on the internet and use free tutorials.fortunately Photoshop is a popular software and because of this, there are lots of tutorials,plugins,patterns,brushes and styles.you can use easily.
Good Luck

strawberrybob

I have found videos on youtube to be the most helpful in cool little tricks. When i was first starting out i purchased this hug thick photoshop book and hardly learnt a thing. I learnt more in just a few videos on youtube.

donaldmedina

Photoshop is the easiest to learn for newbies as there are some great tutorials available on the internet. The youtube videos are especially useful and teach you a lot.

northmail

start first with color correction - you'll need it. use your googliness :)

koolphoto

If you really want to go crazy with Photoshop then I would thoroughly learn layers, masking and blending modes.

gdevpro

There are many photoshop skill that can be found in internet and easy to apply even for newbies (like me). I think photoshop is very simple but very useful.

Lucky!

Probably the best way is to watch Youtube videos about different effects and then use those skills you learned and play around in PS to get the hang of things. That's how I learned what I know. Trial and error!

emily

Photoshop is very advantageous for beginners and it is the best and easy tool to start because people will have fun while working with it. The best way to gain a good grip on Photoshop, the newbie has to watch the actions made by Photoshop expert and has to observe thoroughly in to the steps and analyse those steps that what he used in creating it. Analyse the things like which tool and effects he has used to bring out a good result. By this newbies can able to do their own Photoshop Actions.

bijutoha

Whereas, You are a newbie in Ps. So you should learn first its basic. The following skills you should know them first.
1. Interface and Layout. 2. Idea about Working Space. 3. Know about tools. 4. Layers. 5. Layer Styles. 6.Blending Modes. 7. Automatic Image Adjustments. 8. About Curves. 9. Resizing & Cropping Images.
10. File Saving

As my creative experience, I always prefer to use Pen Tool. Because it is one of the best tool in my creative career. You can learn about this tool following these...[URLnf="http://goo.gl/q49XM8"]here [/URLnf] and [URLnf="https://goo.gl/QeBmnT"]here[/URLnf]

edwardkenway

Skills like first you have to work with it everyday, though it's not easy to learn but practice can make it easier, but something can be skillful like:
toolbox
layers
filters
layer design in PS
retouching tool
these are some works if you can work with these or practise with these it can be make you master of photoshop. It can be happen if you practise everyday because practise makes the work maximum perfect. so let's do it.

wrcato2

I watch Youtube videos. Play around with stock photos and graphics that I got off Google images. If you plan on using the images that you tweak in PS, be sure to use the filter usage under tools.

vincent007

Photoshop is the one of the best image editing tool, if anyone want to make better something then he need to get some skills on it. So here some skills given which are really helpful for who are new at it, these are:

*Need to know about layer panel
*Pen tool is works here best, it is known as clipping path.
*Filter
*Clone stamp
*Masking etc
These basic things can help to start for beginners, another thing is if you really want to learn it you need to practice on it, more practice can help you to make your desire things.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.