• REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 22/0
    Thanks

Can I make money by selling hosting?

Hello,

Please share ideas if I purchase a hosting reseller package from a host company. Can I get a decent income by reselling hosting? What will I need to do first before starting this type of business?

Can anyone help ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    There is concept called "Resell Hosting" which providing money in favor of reselling your space,but what are the terms and condition about that ,I have no idea.You can consult about that with an expert web hostor.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Hello,

Please share ideas if I purchase a hosting reseller package from a host company. Can I get a decent income by reselling hosting? What will I need to do first before starting this type of business?

Can anyone help ?
    Now its possible to make money with your hosting plan ,its called reseller hosting.I have not much ideas about this but you can go through this concept for details further.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    yes, you can make money by selling hosting. you can promote you service by emailing those who build their website in free web hosting.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    1.First you determine domain of your business
    2.Create an account on hosting forums
    3.Review the Forum websites depends on your website domain
    4.Post your website on forum hosting account and set the price more than you have paid for auction site for your website promotion.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0
    Given: 25/0
    Thanks
    You can make money reselling hosting. But keep in mind that it will take some time to get those clients and make that money. You won't see cash rolling overnight.

Chad

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Yes you can go for reselling through Web Hosting, there is a now concept Reseller hosting which allows you to sell you purchased space to get some profitable amount.Its viral now between web hosting geek.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    In now days e-marketing is becoming very compitative field, so if you want to make money from your web hosting site than promote it on e-marketing and keep your selling price heigher than your purchasing price than you may be able to make money from your site.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Yes selling websites to make profit is very amazing as it is also a good business to start and earn on internet. Try buying reseller hosting from these companies:

burst.net, turnkeyinternet.net, pakhostia.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    You can make money from any business if your business becomes successful and web hosting business is not an exception. But, it is not an easy industry and it requires good business planning, hard work, patience, etc.

There are many informative and helpful books about running web hosting business that you can read and learn from.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Of course you can make money because to start own business with reseller hosting, it is a low risk investment with limited start up cost.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Yes ! you can make money from selling hosting as well reselling ... It's all your tactics how you create it!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    You just have to be special in some way, and put your message out there to win customers and better than your competitors. In the web hosting business patience is key.
    Good Luck

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    why resell hosting when you can join hosting companies and promote their plans as an affiliate? After all you get paid up to $70 dollars per sale as an affiliate.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 11/0
    Thanks
    I started reselling hosting a long time ago because I was hosting all my web design clients on a shared hosting package from go daddy. Upgraded to a reseller package and started charging each customer for hosting, grew very quickly from there!

Edit - This was years ago before Host Little was an idea. HL runs on many VM's and a few dedicated servers now. Reselling is still a good way to start tho!
    Last edited by HostLittle; 08-25-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 238/4
    Given: 119/2
    Thanks
    Web hosting business is too crowded and have extreme competition. If you have the resources and money than you can go for it. But Remember you have to provide quality customer services and good servers to build a trust among your buyers as it is only the way to get successful in hosting industry.
    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ Blogwithvk.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Thanks
    Yes, you can make a lot of money by having your own web hosting company. Having said that keep in mind that the hosting business is a very hard market to break into. But once you get established you can start watching the money roll in.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    I did some research into the possibilities of reselling web hosting not long ago and based on everything that I read and found in my research, this is a very hard business to get into and make good money at.

There is so much competition in the web hosting market and the profits are just so low compared to other business ventures that it is just so much work to try to be a success, or at least a big enough success to make decent money at it.

You have to do a lot of marketing, promoting and work just to try to gather enough customers to make it worth your while money wise.

The cost of PPC advertising for web hosting services is also expensive so you need a big budget for that or just have to spend a lot of time around other site doing your marketing and customer searching.

The good thing is that if you wanted to try you could always start small and see what happens without having to invest a large amount of money.

Personally, I would find an easier way to make money but it's something that others may want to try.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    There are two options for earning from selling hosting initially. You can purchase a reseller hosting plan from a decent company and start your own web hosting company and second one is affiliation. If you are willing to involve yourself in hosting business, you have to learn first how everything works in web hosting and how the market in going on. Forums are great to teach you. So first of all start learning. Good luck

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 6/0
    Thanks
    With my experience I used to do re-seller hosting plan but the owner took all my clients from me and I was left out of pocket and lost around 40 clients so be careful which company you go with as this could happen to you.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Reseller Hosting is a good business know a days but it is not the way to get easy money. Become a reseller is not a easy task you must have some technical knowledge as well as you must give best service to the customer. Check Reseller plan of companies who give best service to the customer.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/1
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Reseller Hosting is not the easy way to earn money. Too much competition over there at the hosting market. You have to completely depend on the Social Media Websites for promoting your hosting service.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/0
    Given: 8/0
    Thanks
    Everyone needs an online space so you'd do well in this market. The issues will come with people who cancel their service or want to for a variety of reasons. Your rules and FAQ must be crystal clear. So they can understand what type of contract they're entering into. Also don't gouge customers by raising prices once they've signed on with you. It'll surely result in a bad rep and bad reviews for your company. Lastly, your TOS must be made clear also. People who use hosting sometimes have malicious intentions. They sell illegal products, or use their online space to launch hacking and malware attacks. If your hosting site is tagged as a haven for these people, you'll get shut down by the big boys, and larger problems could arise as well. Legal ones.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Sure, you can make profit by reselling hosting. If you promote you service by social media (Facebook, Twitter and ets...) and something else. Everyone needs an online space. Dont forget create an account on hosting forums.

Newer Threads

1. Edmond
    Tonysanders
    Replies: 56 | Views: 11163
    Last post by Tonysanders, 01-16-2019, 10:43 PM
  2. Dakota
    Alex_smith
    Replies: 1 | Views: 1771
    Last post by Alex_smith, 05-29-2013, 03:23 AM
  3. Stephan
    jessicahuis
    Replies: 2 | Views: 2531