Can I make money by selling hosting?

hoangvu

Hello,

Please share ideas if I purchase a hosting reseller package from a host company. Can I get a decent income by reselling hosting? What will I need to do first before starting this type of business?

Can anyone help ?

RichWilliams

There is concept called "Resell Hosting" which providing money in favor of reselling your space,but what are the terms and condition about that ,I have no idea.You can consult about that with an expert web hostor.

JeffreyJacobs

Hello,

Please share ideas if I purchase a hosting reseller package from a host company. Can I get a decent income by reselling hosting? What will I need to do first before starting this type of business?

Can anyone help ?
Now its possible to make money with your hosting plan ,its called reseller hosting.I have not much ideas about this but you can go through this concept for details further.

contech

yes, you can make money by selling hosting. you can promote you service by emailing those who build their website in free web hosting.

JeffreyJacobs

1.First you determine domain of your business
2.Create an account on hosting forums
3.Review the Forum websites depends on your website domain
4.Post your website on forum hosting account and set the price more than you have paid for auction site for your website promotion.

whland

You can make money reselling hosting. But keep in mind that it will take some time to get those clients and make that money. You won't see cash rolling overnight. :)

Chad

JakePeter

Yes you can go for reselling through Web Hosting, there is a now concept Reseller hosting which allows you to sell you purchased space to get some profitable amount.Its viral now between web hosting geek.

Mark I. Bentz

In now days e-marketing is becoming very compitative field, so if you want to make money from your web hosting site than promote it on e-marketing and keep your selling price heigher than your purchasing price than you may be able to make money from your site.

ayanhost

Yes selling websites to make profit is very amazing as it is also a good business to start and earn on internet. Try buying reseller hosting from these companies:

burst.net, turnkeyinternet.net, pakhostia.com

HostNurse

You can make money from any business if your business becomes successful and web hosting business is not an exception. But, it is not an easy industry and it requires good business planning, hard work, patience, etc.

There are many informative and helpful books about running web hosting business that you can read and learn from.

2funhosting

Of course you can make money because to start own business with reseller hosting, it is a low risk investment with limited start up cost.

CharlesByrd

Yes ! you can make money from selling hosting as well reselling ... It's all your tactics how you create it!

prolimehost

You just have to be special in some way, and put your message out there to win customers and better than your competitors. In the web hosting business patience is key.
Good Luck :)

malaklana

why resell hosting when you can join hosting companies and promote their plans as an affiliate? After all you get paid up to $70 dollars per sale as an affiliate.

HostLittle

I started reselling hosting a long time ago because I was hosting all my web design clients on a shared hosting package from go daddy. Upgraded to a reseller package and started charging each customer for hosting, grew very quickly from there!

Edit - This was years ago before Host Little was an idea. HL runs on many VM's and a few dedicated servers now. Reselling is still a good way to start tho!

Last edited:

vishwa

Web hosting business is too crowded and have extreme competition. If you have the resources and money than you can go for it. But Remember you have to provide quality customer services and good servers to build a trust among your buyers as it is only the way to get successful in hosting industry.

Soulwatcher

Yes, you can make a lot of money by having your own web hosting company. Having said that keep in mind that the hosting business is a very hard market to break into. But once you get established you can start watching the money roll in.

Gazoo

I did some research into the possibilities of reselling web hosting not long ago and based on everything that I read and found in my research, this is a very hard business to get into and make good money at.

There is so much competition in the web hosting market and the profits are just so low compared to other business ventures that it is just so much work to try to be a success, or at least a big enough success to make decent money at it.

You have to do a lot of marketing, promoting and work just to try to gather enough customers to make it worth your while money wise.

The cost of PPC advertising for web hosting services is also expensive so you need a big budget for that or just have to spend a lot of time around other site doing your marketing and customer searching.

The good thing is that if you wanted to try you could always start small and see what happens without having to invest a large amount of money.

Personally, I would find an easier way to make money but it's something that others may want to try.

EzzyTech-Sakib

There are two options for earning from selling hosting initially. You can purchase a reseller hosting plan from a decent company and start your own web hosting company and second one is affiliation. If you are willing to involve yourself in hosting business, you have to learn first how everything works in web hosting and how the market in going on. Forums are great to teach you. So first of all start learning. Good luck

LeatherCrafting

With my experience I used to do re-seller hosting plan but the owner took all my clients from me and I was left out of pocket and lost around 40 clients so be careful which company you go with as this could happen to you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.