Why .COM domain is always best choice ?

Peter

I don't know why .com domain is best choice over other domain names ?
.com means for commercial and everyone like it because it appeared from the beginning time.
can any one can explain for me ?

contech

.com is an extension for domain. it is widely use maybe because people always go for something that is popular.

wmdonald

with most people,so people habitually use .com domain name.So it is the first choice.

PankajS

DOT COM domain is the first domain extension in the internet world.it uses for internationally and for commercial websites. it is a very popular domain extension and prefers by people and search engines.people also seek it in priority for own domain.

mikemartel

it is the most popular and common domain names in the world.and it have developed for 28 years.a long story .

kingfiles

Many people are picking .com because is the most known and the most used EMD

brad

It is a TLD i.e. Top Level Domain extension and familar to most online users. It is also easy to remember.

Hosting

the domain .Com is widely used maybe because people always go for something that is popular.

Multimastery

.COM is really no better than any other domain name extension. It simple has become the most popular over time and sticks in peoples' minds. So even if you register another domain ext., it would be a plus if you could also acquire the .COM version of the domain as soon as possible (even if it's just to redirect to your other domain that you started out with). This way you will capture the most traffic.

Also, some people say that .COMs get favored by search engines like Google and have an easier time getting indexed. I don't know how true this is but I wouldn't doubt it.

.com is a globally recognized domain extension and the most popular. If your website is on a .co.uk but your visitors don't remember it's a co.uk chances are they will type .com at the end of your name which is why it is important to have the .com regardless of the domain extension you're using.

Nature

Who told you.com is better. I think it depends on you to how you make it popular. I search some on this on internet and I glad to say that .com is not any point to judge your site.

aronmatt3

It has to a lot with the familiarity as in common life as well you may have something which is being known as some other brand's product name, like "surf" used for "detergent powder", but still everyone use to say I want a surf packet and in original surf is the first and best brand of any detergent powder so people still prefer using the same name for every other item.
In the same way .com domain became so popular that everyone prefer to buy this and use this.

kamlesh

I don't know why .com domain is best choice over other domain names ?
.com means for commercial and everyone like it because it appeared from the beginning time.
can any one can explain for me ?
.com has become so popular that if you go with other extension and say you domain let say example then people will generally add example.com and look for your website so if you own something like example.biz then you have lost a customer.

jerryperes

.com is a very popular domain name extension. If you want to start your business globally then you must take .com. Dot com domain name is universal domain name that people generally type in browser.

Polymath

Polymath
Sometimes all the good .com domains are taken. Why is it a must to use .com when there are other ones that are available?

There are lots of new ones that global businesses are using these days that are not a .com.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.