[Please Read] Rules for Posting in Link Sales

Inquestor

Welcome fellow members to our "Link Sales" Section!

In order to keep our "Link Sales" Marketplace clean and up to date please read the following rules and guidelines below.

Rules:

Absolutely no selling of "Adult", "Gambling" or "Pharmaceutical" related links.

Threads that have been inactive for 3 months will be temporarily removed from this section and a PM will follow. You have 14 days to respond to PM for reinstatement of such threads. Failing to respond will result in the termination of said thread.

Threads that have been inactive for 1 year or more will be closed/deleted without warning.

An exception to this rule is if the OP (Original Poster) is still active here. We will send a PM asking if said thread is still of use before proceeding to remove it.

Guidelines:

When the OP has fulfilled his/her thread and is no longer selling website links, please contact me or another moderator of this section so we can take appropriate action towards your thread. This will ensure the quality of our "Link Sales" section.

Please Note:

We (WMS Staff) hold the right to modify these terms at anytime we see fit. That being said, please make sure you check back on this thread before posting in the "Link Sales" section.

Thank you for taking your time to read our rules and guidelines :)

Good Luck!
Inquestor

Last edited:

Inquestor

Updated the rules for posting in our Link Section. In summary, threads that have been inactive for 1 year will be removed to ensure the quality of this section. Unless OP is still an active member of the community and responds to notification as mentioned above.

Thank you,

HBAndrei

Why are you deleting 1 year old threads though? It's content for your forum which only does good no harm... just curious to what the reason could possibly be for this rule, that's all.

Inquestor

Inquestor
It is of my opinion having threads where the OP hasn't been active in over a year or two is pointless for members and guests posting on, wanting to buy and talk about buying. Just a waste of time.

Threads that are old and the OP is still an active member do not get deleted. My question to you is "What is the point in having useless content?"

Cheers!

HBAndrei

HBAndrei
There is often valuable info in old threads, even though OP hasn't been active, his post or some of the replies could help others who stumble across the thread while searching for answers to specific issues.

In an era where content is the most important thing, you surely seem to disregard its importance quite easily... but hey, what do I know, right? oh, but look at all the huge forums out there, and see that they don't delete old threads either.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
There is often valuable info in old threads, even though OP hasn't been active, his post or some of the replies could help others who stumble across the thread while searching for answers to specific issues.
You are right, I edited a bit on Inquestor's rule

Threads that have been inactive for 1 year or more will be closed/deleted without warning.
For deleting threads in "Link sales" section, just do it in any cases

In an era where content is the most important thing, you surely seem to disregard its importance quite easily... but hey, what do I know, right? oh, but look at all the huge forums out there, and see that they don't delete old threads either.
Perhaps you misunderstood because these rules are just for "Link Sales" forum, not for discussion forums where content is the most important thing and could not be deleted unless they are not necessary/useful for readers or they're spam posts.

Inquestor

The reason why I suggested this is because we see a lot of people join our forum, make between 30-50 posts, post their product/service and within 1-2 years the member forgets about this forum, their domain is back in the registrar bin or said service is totally obsolete, pointless or non-existent.

Remember: This is Free Advertisement!

Why have our members wanting a product/service when it doesn't benefit them?

That is the idea behind this.

(PS. Have removed PR rule as PageRank is obsolete.) Anybody who is still living in this age needs to do a little more research before they start new online ventures. ;)

HBAndrei

HBAndrei
You'll have to find out the hard way that you cannot force activity, anywhere.

And I stand by what I said before, none of the other 30+ forums I visit, which most are way bigger than this one, ever delete any posts, unless spam posts of course.

But you can do whatever you wish on your forum, doesn't mean it's the right thing, but you can still do it ;)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads