Tips for running a directory successfully

DavidLux

If you are running a directory for submissions so you need to follow some tips below:
- Promote your directory in forums, invite to members to add links on your directory.
- Sure that your directory is clean, neat and very SEO friendly. Otherwise, you need to have a unique and different theme to attract your visitors.
- Do not allow free submissions to be submitted more than once with a user. If you allow free submission you must have a registration form for users before submitting links
- Ban IP with spammers on directory. This helps your directory clean.

just my tips, what are your tips to run a directory submission successfully ?

any shares ?

Arabule

I would add:

- Reviewing every submission.
- Writing unique descriptions to describe every link/site you list.

aksel

Directory submission is one of the thing for SEO. But running a directory successfully is entirely a different aspects. Such tips helps a lot for the SEO.

fastreplies

just my tips, what are your tips to run a directory submission successfully
Just curious, what makes you an expert?

You say:
you must have a registration form
Why?

:confused:

fastreplies

DavidLux

DavidLux
According to me, registration form will help stopping spammers by submitting without registering, you will get more spams/fake users if you don't have security methods like registration form, captcha..etc . Also you have more information details for your submissions. Am I right? :confused:

fastreplies

According to me, registration form will help stopping spammers by submitting without registering,
Wrong, spammers are using registration bots and in many cases they're bypassing
registration and go directly to submission form. Trust me, we have had try that already.

you will get more spams/fake users if you don't have security methods like registration form, captcha..etc . Also you have more information details for your submissions. Am I right?
Well, there is no such a thing as waterproof security system as long you have to keep
some channels of communication open to serve your clients, users, members etc. to let
them to have access to your services and as long you do that, "bad guys" will be there
to cash in on that opportunity.

One thing you surely will create is loss of your real customers whom you're going to
turn away because for them registration is nothing but the waste of their time.

:)

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads