Legal Services Provider: Do you utilize a prepaid legal service?

Glcameron

Creating seamless revenue online is always the " silver lining" for any aspiring entrepreneur. Whether your creating residual income form a forum, SEO content creation, web design or customer support, it's imperative to ensure your best interests are being upheld and protected. I want to know: Do you utilize a prepaid legal service? There are quite a few hurdles to over come when you consider there are no laws, governing authority or complete level of honesty when it comes to operating online. I'm sure there are quite a few of you whom have provided a service only to lose contact with the client whom requested the work, later to realize you were scammed. So I pose the following questions:

1. Do you use a prepaid legal service?

2. Do you utilize the same contracts for each service or do you have contracts based on the services provided ?

3. Do you have the contracts reviewed by someone in the legal profession to ensure you are covered?

4. Do you collect EIN or SSN information from each client whom requests work which will exceed $1000 ?

5. How often do you update your contract information?

6. Do you use a third party website to background check your potential clients?

Inquestor

Welcome Glcameron,

Interesting post. From what I have seen most webmasters (mainly newbies) do not even realize that amount of legal ramifications there are with the internet. IE Copyright violations, Trademark violations, Work Made For Hire contracts, etc...

A wonderful addition to WMS (Webmaster Sun), considering this is your second post. :)

I will answer your questions accordingly.

1) Pre-paid Legal Service? You mean something like Trademarkia's Service? If this is the case, No. I prefer to deal with legal issues / intellectual property matters face to face with the appropriate lawyer.

2) I have a few "default" legally binding contracts in a filing cabinet and use when necessary. Other then this, for a lot of my products and services ~$30 - $1000, there is no real reason to force customers into a legal contract.

3) If needs be, like a 100K+ contract, it would be worth it.

4) No.

5) Whenever there is a change in contact information.

6) Not right away, however if business is continually being done, I do get curious. So, in the long run, yes I do.

Cheers!
Inquestor

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.