Importance of website speed in SEO?

hoangvu

Hi,

How important is website speed ? and it's important for SEO or not ?

Please share your thoughts?

mugwande

Yes the speed is very important in seo because many users don't have time for low speed website until when they load, including myself, I don't wait for low speed website to load. So this affects your site in many ways.
1, Firstly you lose a good number of traffic which would have been useful in terms of cash.
2, A user who can wait may not come back again to your site because of the last experience.
3, If the speed is low that means even robots find it hard to crawl your site which can slow down its crawl rate.
4, Search engines value more the websites which are user friendly etc.
Those are some of the reasons why speed is very much important and it play a vital role in your on page seo.

JakePeter

Everybody needs speed in the todays world and if the speed of our site is low then most of the potential customers keep away from the website which directly affect site traffic and PR very badly.

butterfly

Speed is absolutely important. I don't waste my time on the slow speed search engines. Time is money and i also wonder how long it will take me to find what i am looking for if i cant even get on the site. I rather close and open the next one that us quicker to let me in.

JoeHasty

JoeHasty
Here we are talking about websites speed not about the speed of a search engine you
can check Google's developing option for tips on increasing the website's speed.

jamesfrank101

SEO is all about user satisfation. If your website has awesome speed it will also satisfy your user, if it is a heavy site then i will not wait more then 10 second and so.

RonaldGaray

Website speed is very important while doing an SEO kind of activities and also to gain more traffic for our site ultimately helps to gain a high PR.

SteveKaplan

As per my experience, speed of website not matter a lot for SEO, because SEO is basically dealing with your keyword and help to beat your competitors in a min time drastically.SEO is just gathering huge traffic from the web on your site, so if its a useful one then users defenately wait for a while for your website.

If you are dealing with international market then perhaps due to their country's net speed make a problem for your site too.

Just focus on quality backlinking of your site, don't worry about speed.

Shirley_Sharp

Mr.Steve Kaplan I slightly do not agree with you. The reason behind this I think that without speed of website no one like to click on it. You can assume if you are in a discussion board or a website and the page is getting opened too slow will you stay on that page.

accountingguru

Website speed is most important one, because we can loose the clients or visitors by this way. If site is getting low speed during the search engine crawling. we need to loose the keywords also.

Adam

Speed is completely essential. I do not waste my time to the slow-speed search-engines. Time is money and i also wonder just how long it'll take me to get what I'm searching for if i cant even get on the webpage.

Ric

Website speed is define as total time taken by a website to upload a page. It is important for seo because it helps to improve bounce rate.

SteveKaplan

I think Ric website speed is the addition of t1+t2+t3 i.e.,t1 is request made by client to server,t2 is the execution of desired request and connecting database and t3 is the response from server to respected client and we called it as performance of website.Performance of website should be less.

MarkBenson

Should the speed of our website is low then and everybody needs speed within the world the majority of the potential clients keep away from your site which directly change PR and website traffic really badly.

Andrew

Rate is absolutely essential. I will not squander my own time period within the sluggish pace search engines like yahoo. Time period is actually dollars in addition to my spouse and i additionally wonder the time it should take everyone to discover what exactly i will be searching for plainly can't even find on the site. I alternatively near in addition to open up your next the one that us speedier for you to i want to inside.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views