When Do You Need A Dedicated Server?

Tommy

Hello friends,

Can you show me factors for websites need a Dedicated Server ?
I'm using shared hosting, I hear about power of Dedicated Server but I don't know when website need to be upgraded to a dedicated server

Any one can explain for me ?
thanks

BillG

I think your hosting provider will inform you about that, the OP.

balticservers

Hello,

Here are many factors. For example: bandwidth. MySQL when is using too much CPU, RAM.

Hosting

You will a dedicated server :

•Your online business is a key source of income
•Any downtime would be a costly experience due to lost revenue
•You expect peaks in website traffic at seasonal times
•You require priority support
•You require bespoke hosting features such as additional backups, server software, additional redundancy or a high server specification.

KurotaTakumi

KurotaTakumi
Totally agree. But the dedicated are sorted of two types. One is managed another is unmanaged. Unmanaged is that you have to take care everything on the server exclude the hardware and network.

Shirley_Sharp

You will need a dedicated server if you want to use server fully. I mean, if you are operating some of the tasks that are based on applications that requires high cpu and ram usage and fast connection then a dedicated server is good for you.

rohit09

Well, when you get bigger traffic basically then you need a dedicated server. And verify your requirements to choose any host bandwidth, location and everything on there TOS.

LeetHost

When the site starts to become big and needs lots of resources and some high-end servers to keep up with the speed.

2funhosting

If your site needs more than shared hosting plan or if you have some special requirements the dedicated server is right choice for you. When you are on a dedicated server you have no restrictions on the number of websites that you can host. you can install whatever software and programs that you wish.:)

Flag

I think you should start from a reliable hosting providers to buy a dedicated servers from, I mean such companies as rackspace and servermania.
They offer a lot of servers which are solid and cost not much.

supergal

Having a dedicated server gives you high flexibility and a lot of options for your site. Usually you have root/admin access to the server and you can manage and modify each aspect of the server behavior - software running, configuration, etc. So if your site needs more than any shared hosting plan can offer or if you have some special requirements - the dedicated server is the right choice for you. When you are on a dedicated server - your site is the only one that uses the server resources. Also when on a dedicated server you have no restrictions on the number of websites that you can host, on the number of mailboxes.The cost depends upon the provider you chose.

MicelMaricom

If you want:
-Quality
-Reliability
-Multi services like for gaming,designing,traffic zones etc
-Average ticket response time
These all features on an integrated server, completely for one website without sharing server with other then choose dedicated server.

RH-Calvin

Most of the points have been covered in the other replies to the original post. But I would like to add a minor fact that when a website is hosting large traffic, it should contain a huge database which requires top level of security for operation. And dedicated servers provide that security which enables the website to run safer.

JohnWashington

When our site requires more resources like network speed, disk space and processor speed than normal then we use dedicated server for fulfilling our demands and it's secure also.

prolimehost

If the traffic keeps increasing and if you need a better quality with better resources you can go with Dedicated Servers.
Dedicated server would be an advisable solution- security, scalability.

buywebtraffic

They say that dedicated server are much more safer and fast than the shared..But its expensive though..I would suggest to go on shared if your site your own self,but if its a business that you get customer then upgrade to it..Im sure your hosting will let you know more what advantage you will get for dedicated server..

cheers

John HostiServer

Also, if you do not know how to manage your server, check for fully managed plans and 24/7 service. As someone already said, if you are a beginner, your current host will let you know if it is time to switch.

JustinLane

A dedicated server is an Internet-connected computer devoted towards one person. You have to use a dedicated server when you feel like:
Slowdown in performance.
Your Server-side Software Needs Have Grown.
If you are ready to upgrade software with latest security patches.

ChadTrejo

Think about just how much you make per month and just how much you anticipate traffic to improve. Just be sure the so next move you create is the correct one, DNS changes are annoying and you will need to plan forward or even you'll encounter significant downtime.

Alex - A2Hosting
There are ways you can prevent downtime. In fact, if done properly (the most common way) there shouldn't be any downtime involved in a server migration.

To answer the thread though, I think it is time to move to a Dedicated server once you have outgrown a VPS (Shared -> VPS -> Dedicated Server). A VPS can give you as much flexibility as a dedicated server just without the complete power of a dedicated server so the most cost effective way would be shared onto VPS then onto a dedicated server.

ChadTrejo

The first and main sign for you to the need of dedicated server is slowdown performance. Here is some points about when you need dedicated server-
1. Page loading times are increasing
2. Database requests are causing error messages due to high volume
3. Pages arent being served because the server is overloaded

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views