How much is my website worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertogotti

Good Morning,

I am the owner of a windsurf blog and forum, I have seen its possible to sell website on the internet so I was checking an online tool and I found the value of my site is around $6,000. I really would like to sell it as soon as possible.

Can you guys give me a confirmation about the metric and system used to evaluate my website?

Please take a look to: www[dot]howmuchwebsiteworth[dot]com

Thank you a lot for your help!

Top Niche Websites

Don't go by online website calculators. Your site is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Things that consider value

Top Level Domains
Short easy to remember names
PR rank
Backlinkgs
Domain age
If you have a product site the earnings
Forum sites number of active members
Unique Hits p/m
Bounce rates

There tons of others but above are a few.

So like I stated above those online values only count a few items but can never really give you an accurate true value.

thongus

These values are useless, try selling your site for 6K & see what happens, one of my sites was valued 60K, I sold it for $400USD, all those value sites are vastly inflated I'm sorry to say..

kaufenpreis

The most valuable stats for somebody looking to acquire a site would be:

- how many unique people per month
- how often do they return
- how many pages per visit (or time on site)
- what is the topic of the community (is it a market that money can be made from and is it a growing market?)
- how good is the SEO of the site (for the ability to bring in new traffic)
- what is the current ad rev
- what are the current costs

Having all that info would help put a price on your property. Google Analytics can provide many of those numbers.

Domainmarket

Your website is like Art & Fine wine. Sell it for what it's worth to you ..People will buy a simple thing for a million dollars

basicblogtalk

Well, actually I don't trust on those worth system since it is not accurate appraisal evaluation. You know? I have tried one of my new blog and it worth over 3000 dollars but that blog could not make money for me. LOL.

HostNurse

Such tools are useless, a website value depends on many factors that tools can not calculate, unique website designs and products are good examples. Important factors to consider when evaluating a website value are; domain name, traffic and revenue.

ElixantTechnology

When I look into purchasing a website I look into the following:

1. Domain Name (Premium Domains will net more)
2. Design / Content (A GOOD design can end up costing a couple grand, and a fully built platform up to 20 grand. Especially if the site's been established.)
3. Revenue. When purchasing a website I always pay 12 months revenue.

If it's just a standard site or turnkey site, or just a hosting business that I'm buying out to take over their customers, then I only pay 12 months revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.