• REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks

Is it hard to learn Adobe Photoshop?

I have some works doing with graphic tools. I tried photoshop but I didn't get results as my expectations so anyone here with more experiences with Photoshop give me ideas to do the best graphics with photoshop. what do we need ? and is it hard to learn Adobe Photoshop?

Any thoughts ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    if you are starting to use photoshop, i swear its hard,..so many tools you need to learn...but if you will get used to it u will probably loved editing at all time,,, try looking for tutorials in internet, that's what i did when i'm still a newbie in photoshop...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Stick with it man. It can be difficult to get to grips with Photoshop, but once you do - a world of possibilities will open before you.

I started messing with digital design before the internet, actually it was before Windows! - can you believe that? and I'm still learning today. There is a wealth of info at your fingertips just reach out and absorb it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Yes there is a huge learning curve but stick with it your efforts will pay off. A great instructor and Adobe Guru is Terry White. Google him he has many informative videos, you won't be disappointed.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 60/0
    Thanks
    @Arossi, I've not ever heard about Terry White, I knew abit about photoshop, some techniques I learned Eyesondesign, photoshop cafe and videos from lynda. May be Terry is famous in recent years.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hey JerryJo

He is an Adobe Evangelist (not Guru as i previously stated)

Here is adobetv link http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelists-terry-white/

also check out his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/terrywhitetechblog

7. The Following User Says Thank You to arossi For This Useful Post:
    ericplotz1 (12-06-2014)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/3
    Given: 1/2
    Thanks
    youtube has some great tutorials, learning other software will help you learn concepts and tricks applicable to photoshop also

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,Personally I learnt Photoshop by serching on the internet,whitout any teacher or physical books.So I think it's not very hard to learn PS.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    its not hard to learn photoshop, the hard thing about this is how you can create effective design using photoshop. You must view some inspirational design.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Yes the starting is always hard but times gone and you become experienced nothing seems difficult after that

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I will also self-taught Photoshop, please let me know where I should start.
    I would be very grateful if you could share your methods and materials
    Thax

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    You may feel it hard now but when you start learning it then you will know how easy it is. I had started learning Photoshop with my own and by doing many small works in Photoshop I learnt many of its feature and functions.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I use pixlr.com. I find it to be extremely user-friendly and also easy to find tutorials on. Best of all, it doesn't require you to buy it. You can simply go to the website and start using it immediately.

There is also an express mode that lets you do more simple modifications. This cuts down on all the features, making it more straight-forward.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    It is really confusing and hard at first. It will take time for you to learn and be familiar to using the adobe photoshop. You have to continuosly exploring to it everyday to discover effects that you can make. Watching video tutorials on youtube will also be a good help to improve your skills. Me, I learned mostly on video tutorials, and reading on the internet.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Hi! It is really hard to learn Adobe Photoshop for starters, but it's only in the beginning. I, too, am not that good in adobe photoshop. I only know about the basics, but I am learning. You can always watch tutorials online and I tell you, there are so many free tutorials. You can look at Youtube. There are also paid classes where you can enroll just to learn adobe. You can have certificates after that, and you add it to your cv when you apply. It will be an advantage if you have that skill because the business world is becoming more and more digital. Personally, I regretted the fact that I was not so interested about adobe photoshop and other computer skills while I was still in school. I didn't know back then how much those skills will be in demand in the future!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Thanks
    For me its not hard if you love what you are doing. Try to google search what you want to do in photoshop like example if you want to learn how to remove wrinkles on the photos, just google search "how to remove wrinkles in photoshop"

you can also download tons of free brushes for photoshop for your other graphic design needs.
    Bootstrap Template https://www.flyingthemes.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Watch some tutorials online, there are plenty of them. Once you master Adobe Photoshop, it will open a lot of opportunities for you, you could earn from it too. You can have that as a professional Skill specially with those company that needs visual artist, you can be hired. plus if you learn much more of its function, it will be easier for you to become a pro. and probably you can start with a business out of it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Learning is fun you know. Especially if you love and dedicated to learn new things. It is not that hard to learn adobe photoshop. In fact, in my case, I learned by my own since I love and I'm having fun of it. Just have fun when you want to learn something new.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Learning Photoshop depends on what you want to do with it. I learned using Photoshop by watching YouTube videos. You just have to know what you want to do, really. For example, you want to remove the background from a picture, search it on YouTube and follow the steps provided on the video. Try to take notes of it so that you won't go finding the video again or you can bookmark it. If you're not satisfied with what you did, don't worry! No one ever really perfected how to walk on their first try.What I'm saying is keep trying and keep learning until you're satisfied with your work. You don't rush learning, you'll get the hang of using Photoshop soon! Just keep practicing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    The bottom line is that for Photoshop you find nearly any tutorial free on the internet. The product is well maintained and Adobe releases twice a year a new version. But the punchline is that you need to understand photo editiing, the don't does and the can do's. It here comes already the point. Making a graphic design from scratch is maybe not the right way. Photoshop as the name says is more for Photo Editing. If you want to design something you should look much more into Adobe Illusytrator which is producing vector graphic output and comes with much more design elements and help. Hard to learn? Well depends how you skill set is for computed added design and the concepts of designing on paper.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    Basically there are a lot to learn in photoshop but it doesnt require you to be genius to master it. Free tutorials are available everywhere, read some blogs, watch videos for beginners you'll be amazed for the amount of channels and bloggers who did some step by step tutorials with photoshop. Start with that, just have to stick and have patience with it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    It's up to you if its hard or not, if you enjoy editing it's quite easy to learn.
    All you need to do is research, what kind of effect do you want to put on the image.
    Search and find the keyword of the design, and search a tutorial on the internet.

Here 1st play all the tools, and you will realize what its use, don't try to make hard and difficult design at first because it will discourage you.

once you know the purpose of the tools and learn a lot of basic design, try searching a bit more difficult.

Editing and designing takes a lot of effort and patience, me creating a design takes me 6-8hours for the defficult and lots of detail design.

Here's a tip, Layer is the key for everything. Once you learn how to fully use and take advantage of layering you can do everything you want.

Try searching Vector tutorial
    this is one almost use every tools in Photoshop

Good Luck . . .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    It is not that hard if you really want to learn it. Start little by little. The real challenge you will encounter is not within the Adobe Photoshop environment. It is within you mind. How would you conceptualize a certain design, template or symbol. How will you integrate all of the ideas that will build up on your mind. That will be the real challenge. With regards to using the Adobe Photoshop application, don't be surprise or shock when you see many many features. What is this for? How can I use this? What will happen when I click or select this? And so on.

I started to learn Photoshop little by little by the help of the tutorials in Youtube. From how to upload file to How to merge images and How to make a face smile. All with the help of Youtube. Just take it patiently and I assure you, you will be amazed by the result you have made. Best of luck! You can do it. Believe me.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Thanks
    I have tried many times learning about Adobe but I found it difficult. I have opened tutorials in various websites but seemed to be not effective to me. Maybe, I am not nerd in computer that is why I find it hard to grasp the points. Maybe, I need somebody to sit by my side to teach me. I should give more effort and patience to learn about it. Learning Adobe may be easy to others . As what I have observed, many young people used it in editing their photos. I tried many times with myself but it was not successful.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    You should watch some youtube video or even search in google. I really like learn that adobe Photoshop also for additional knowledge and It's looks fun do some photo editing, changing background, filter and even mixing some colors to make it real if you going to change the background of your picture.

Newer Threads

1. Tommy
    Jrlcentral
    Replies: 14 | Views: 11632
    Last post by Jrlcentral, 11-06-2017, 09:35 PM
  2. Tommy
    BloodMaster
    Replies: 1 | Views: 2174
    Last post by BloodMaster, 08-06-2013, 08:13 AM
  3. Husbarn
    ayanhost
    Replies: 1 | Views: 2838