Is it hard to learn Adobe Photoshop?

Tommy

I have some works doing with graphic tools. I tried photoshop but I didn't get results as my expectations so anyone here with more experiences with Photoshop give me ideas to do the best graphics with photoshop. what do we need ? and is it hard to learn Adobe Photoshop?

Any thoughts ?

nickylove18

if you are starting to use photoshop, i swear its hard,..so many tools you need to learn...but if you will get used to it u will probably loved editing at all time,,, try looking for tutorials in internet, that's what i did when i'm still a newbie in photoshop...

ClearEyes

Stick with it man. It can be difficult to get to grips with Photoshop, but once you do - a world of possibilities will open before you.

I started messing with digital design before the internet, actually it was before Windows! - can you believe that? and I'm still learning today. There is a wealth of info at your fingertips just reach out and absorb it.

hoangvu

@Arossi, I've not ever heard about Terry White, I knew abit about photoshop, some techniques I learned Eyesondesign, photoshop cafe and videos from lynda. May be Terry is famous in recent years. :blue_bandana:

arossi

Hey JerryJo

He is an Adobe Evangelist (not Guru as i previously stated)

Here is adobetv link [URLnf="http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelists-terry-white/"]http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelists-terry-white/[/URLnf]

also check out his YouTube channel [URLnf="https://www.youtube.com/user/terrywhitetechblog"]https://www.youtube.com/user/terrywhitetechblog[/URLnf]

Knightmedia

youtube has some great tutorials, learning other software will help you learn concepts and tricks applicable to photoshop also

imjava

Hi everyone,Personally I learnt Photoshop by serching on the internet,whitout any teacher or physical books.So I think it's not very hard to learn PS.

ravemediaph_ronnie

its not hard to learn photoshop, the hard thing about this is how you can create effective design using photoshop. You must view some inspirational design.

australianlogos

Yes the starting is always hard but times gone and you become experienced nothing seems difficult after that

Hanif

I will also self-taught Photoshop, please let me know where I should start.
I would be very grateful if you could share your methods and materials
Thax

Craxx

You may feel it hard now but when you start learning it then you will know how easy it is. I had started learning Photoshop with my own and by doing many small works in Photoshop I learnt many of its feature and functions.

emanate

I use pixlr.com. I find it to be extremely user-friendly and also easy to find tutorials on. Best of all, it doesn't require you to buy it. You can simply go to the website and start using it immediately.

There is also an express mode that lets you do more simple modifications. This cuts down on all the features, making it more straight-forward.

anor0428

It is really confusing and hard at first. It will take time for you to learn and be familiar to using the adobe photoshop. You have to continuosly exploring to it everyday to discover effects that you can make. Watching video tutorials on youtube will also be a good help to improve your skills. Me, I learned mostly on video tutorials, and reading on the internet.

Jroldan

Hi! It is really hard to learn Adobe Photoshop for starters, but it's only in the beginning. I, too, am not that good in adobe photoshop. I only know about the basics, but I am learning. You can always watch tutorials online and I tell you, there are so many free tutorials. You can look at Youtube. There are also paid classes where you can enroll just to learn adobe. You can have certificates after that, and you add it to your cv when you apply. It will be an advantage if you have that skill because the business world is becoming more and more digital. Personally, I regretted the fact that I was not so interested about adobe photoshop and other computer skills while I was still in school. I didn't know back then how much those skills will be in demand in the future!

ron13315

For me its not hard if you love what you are doing. Try to google search what you want to do in photoshop like example if you want to learn how to remove wrinkles on the photos, just google search "how to remove wrinkles in photoshop"

you can also download tons of free brushes for photoshop for your other graphic design needs.

karlaaaaaa

Watch some tutorials online, there are plenty of them. Once you master Adobe Photoshop, it will open a lot of opportunities for you, you could earn from it too. You can have that as a professional Skill specially with those company that needs visual artist, you can be hired. plus if you learn much more of its function, it will be easier for you to become a pro. and probably you can start with a business out of it.

mrseth1993

Learning is fun you know. Especially if you love and dedicated to learn new things. It is not that hard to learn adobe photoshop. In fact, in my case, I learned by my own since I love and I'm having fun of it. Just have fun when you want to learn something new.

Krisha

Learning Photoshop depends on what you want to do with it. I learned using Photoshop by watching YouTube videos. You just have to know what you want to do, really. For example, you want to remove the background from a picture, search it on YouTube and follow the steps provided on the video. Try to take notes of it so that you won't go finding the video again or you can bookmark it. If you're not satisfied with what you did, don't worry! No one ever really perfected how to walk on their first try.What I'm saying is keep trying and keep learning until you're satisfied with your work. You don't rush learning, you'll get the hang of using Photoshop soon! Just keep practicing. :)

dhovorka

The bottom line is that for Photoshop you find nearly any tutorial free on the internet. The product is well maintained and Adobe releases twice a year a new version. But the punchline is that you need to understand photo editiing, the don't does and the can do's. It here comes already the point. Making a graphic design from scratch is maybe not the right way. Photoshop as the name says is more for Photo Editing. If you want to design something you should look much more into Adobe Illusytrator which is producing vector graphic output and comes with much more design elements and help. Hard to learn? Well depends how you skill set is for computed added design and the concepts of designing on paper.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views