Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

What is the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 24/0
    Thanks

What is the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw?

Hi everyone,

Can you tell me what is the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw?

Waiting for valuable replies from graphic experts

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Photoshop is an excellent program - easy to use and the industry standard. I suppose I'm biased toward it because I've been using it so long, but in general Adobe makes superior products to Corel. But a new Photoshop program new costs over $600, not $100. If you have an older version of it you can get the upgrade for $150

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Theres a big difference between the two.
    Photoshop is raster based, meaning it works in pixel based media while CorelDraw is a vector based program, meaning that potentially you can scale the raw images to huge sizes without any loss of resolution. If you do the same with a photoshop produced image it would eventually become pixely (is that a word?) when zoomed.

The adobe version of CorelDraw is called Illustrator, its very good practice to work with both - you can easily open work in both to edit, and depending on your work, sometimes its required to provide all formats of images to your clients.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/3
    Given: 1/2
    Thanks
    Photoshop is the best because of it's compositing style. Corel Draw is more like illustrator. You can get tutorials on corel draw from advancedartist.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,In my opinion Photoshop is better than coreldraw,Because these days every sites have tutorials,plugins,patterns,PSD,brushes,styles and ... for that but not a lot for corel draw.It is easy to use and suitable for beginners and professionals designers also it's upgrade is cheaper than Corel draw.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Photoshop helps your images, such as photographs and create raster graphics. with this software you can also create graphics optimized for the web. Where as Corel Draw falls into category of drawing software. You can create vector images which you can scale to any size without the loss of quality.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Photo shop is the most comfortable tool to design, because here we can create layers and we can edit them. Corel is little bit tough to work and to find it's tools.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 61/1
    Given: 38/0
    Thanks
    I agree with ClearEyes. I don't think that this two software can even truly be compared because they serve different purposes... yes, they both belong to the graphics design sphere but Adobe Photoshop is raster images editor (more focused around pixels), while the Corel Draw is a vector images editor. That alone is extremely different.

If you wanted to compare these two you'd have to pick something like Adobe's Illustrator and not the Photoshop. They are also obviously made by two different companies - Adobe Photoshop, by Adobe and Corel Draw by Corel.

Which software is better really depends on what sort of job you're trying to get done. They are both high-quality programs.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Thanks
    They are completely dissimilar and used for different things.

When Adobe Photoshop is going to edit raster image, which is used for the web & digital designs. On the other side, CorelDraw for the vector image used for printable design files.

Name:  raster-image.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  67.4 KB

Name:  vector-image.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  54.7 KB

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    I am a user of Corel Draw and Corel Paint for years now, maybe because this is the first program that L learned through self studying and has been stuck with it for long. Photoshop is a good tool but i think it is best to compare it with Corel Paint. Corel Draw is more ideal to use for vector images and Photoshop is more on enhancing photos. Now this is similar to Corel Paint. Between Corel paint and Photoshop, I'd choose Photoshop.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Thanks
    As other people stated there is a difference between the two, if you want to focus on editing images that have a ton of details on them and are focused more on 3D editing and effects, pick Photoshop. If you want to focus on simpler and vector oriented images, then go with Corel Draw.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 113/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bijutoha View Post
    They are completely dissimilar and used for different things.

When Adobe Photoshop is going to edit raster image, which is used for the web & digital designs. On the other side, CorelDraw for the vector image used for printable design files.

Name:  raster-image.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  67.4 KB

Name:  vector-image.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  54.7 KB

It is not clear when you used both images seem in Photoshop?

Because if they were vector images which created in Corel Draw then it will be more sharpen and smoothly when zoom out the images.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Thanks
    Many years ago, I spent a lot of time learning, using and teaching Coreldraw. For me, Coreldraw works very well. I use both the vector graphics and bitmap graphics functions together. In Coreldraw, both these functions can work together seamlessly. So, using Coreldraw, I get the best of both worlds.

As for whether Coreldraw or Photoshop is better, I would say it depends on the user. Both programes are just tools. Used correctly, they can produce great results.

Nowadays, I use Inkscape and Gimp. Inkscape works with vector graphics and Gimp works with bitmap graphics. Most of the time, I use Inkscape because I find that there are plenty of bitmap graphics available. For free. All I need to do is re-arrange them to suit my needs.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    It is not clear when you used both images seem in Photoshop?

Because if they were vector images which created in Corel Draw then it will be more sharpen and smoothly when zoom out the images.

Here in this post, I used to take the first example for the Raster Image that refers to Photoshop, and the second one is for Vector that is the best part of CorelDraw. This post is not about the comparison between them. If you think so, You should compare CorelDraw with Illustrator.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hi everyone,

Can you tell me what is the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw?

Waiting for valuable replies from graphic experts
    Adobe Photoshop is primarily a photo editor. Although, it can be used for creating layouts and other graphic designs. Corel Drawing on the other hand, is a line art program. It is best suited in creating logos, desktop publications, such as flyers, brochures, etc... Also it is great for creating line art drawings like comic book characters and the likes.
    The output of Corel Draw can be enlarged a hundred times or more without getting pixelated. Unless you insert a low quality photo in your work.

Newer Threads

1. Tommy
    BloodMaster
    Replies: 1 | Views: 1858
    Last post by BloodMaster, 08-06-2013, 08:13 AM
  2. Husbarn
    ayanhost
    Replies: 1 | Views: 2444
    Last post by ayanhost, 12-23-2013, 04:19 PM
  3. uniecommerce
    uniecommerce
    Replies: 0 | Views: 1430