How to select a domain name?

brad

Please share your your tips, ideas and experience about how you select a domain name for a website?

Tommy

You need to define what is your niche before choosing a domain, also research keywords in Google external tool to find a keyword for your domain, Keyword in domain will help you easy to SEO for your website in future. After all, go to Godaddy and try register your domain, If it's available, buy and start your website. Good luck!

HostNurse

Finding a good domain name is not hard and not very easy, it just need patience and continues searching.

You can look for keyword domains or short brandable domains, but keep in mind to keep your domain as short as possible and easy to remember and type.

There are many tools that can benefit you and make your search mush easier like domain suggestion tools, expired/expiring domains, etc.

nikhilswain

Please go to the below specified sites for Free domain registration & web server, database.

purnima

In my point of view, selecting a good domain name is not a tough job. You need to know three main thing to select a domain name. i.e.,
- Short
- Simple
- Business related name

Nowadays, many domain search engines are there, you can get good domain names from that search engines. Try it out...

JoeHamilton

The main factors you should consider while choosing a domain names are,
* The domain name should be related to your website.
* It should short and catchy
* Don't use hyphens in the domain name.
* Buy .com extension if it is not available means then buy .net
* Don't use trademarked names in the domain name.

To know which web hosting company is providing good service Visit; http://www.realhostingreview.in
Wow! Seems like you have very good knowledge about domain names and its selection, if I am not wrong we select domain names according to site motive.

ArturoBarnett

You desire to ensure you choose a domain name that not just meets your company, but can also be easy to find and advertise.

CarolSartor

Select a domain name that best suited for your business niche and if possible use keywords in the domain name which is the best way to build domain name.

JuanRoth

We have to use short lenght keywords with .com extension is best for commercial website without hyphens.

wendelkerick

How to find really cheap hosting provider by the way with all dynamic offers??

tonysteve66

All the tips suggested above are very simple and helpful and if anybody is a newbie like me in the things related to domains..

i would say read this thread again and again and again..

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.