Why does Mark Zuckerberg choose Blue color for Facebook ?

Starfire

As some my researches found as information below
According to The New Yorker, the reason is simple. It’s because Mark Zuckerberg is red-green color blind; blue is the color Mark can see the best.
So how do colors really affect you, and according to you, what is the best colors in marketing ?

I would like to hear your ideas about that

RonaldGaray

As per Mark Zuckerberg interview with Russian television he chooses a blue color for Facebook because of his color blindness and choosing the best color for marketing depends on various issues and it is vast so you have to search it on Google.

InFeRnO

I think you can study color psychology, but the most important thing is to create a unique and powerful design that will match the needs and preferences of your target audience. I myself prefer orange :)

DavidB

I think blue is the one color which is favorite of maximum people and the which is being disliked by very few people that could be the reason behind choosing this color by Mark.

aksel

I found blue as the most favorite color and that could be the behind Mark's selection of this color. I personally like this color a lot, even my website is having the same color.

William Minarik

Blue is very attracting and cool color, it is the favorite of maximum peoples. I think that could be the reason behind the selection of this color by Mark.

jayjacobs

orange is about people.. If i remember right blue is more serious, i'm not sure.. but simple designs work the best, that's for sure

lovefoxycharms

As I have known, color plays a significant function in purchasing and branding. Some studies revealed that our brains are more partial to perceptible brands in which color plays a big part in promoting a brand character. Perhaps, for Mark Zuckerburg, blue symbolizes intelligence and purity. But according to him, he chooses blue for Facebook for his colorblindness. This color is what he sees the best. I think it suits him well since blue stands for credibility, business like and being focused.

Have you tried imagining that Facebook's color is pink or red? What could have been your thoughts about it?

Henrywrites

I think this is the first time I am coming across this helpful information on why Mark chooses the blue colour for Facebook. I think that same issue was what my friend had when he was planning to create his logo and was asking me on the colour he should use. I think these two scenarios just showed that colour plays a big role when people are setting logos, building websites and all that.

I think I should be mindful of what colour my upcoming website will have so as to reflect the choice of the majority of my target audience. I am grateful for this information you shared with us. I will always hold colour preference in branding and building of any online presence.

teacher73

Maybe the choice of color is considered personal for Mark Zuckerberg. Perhaps it is his favourite color or his wife's. I'm not sure though. I like the color scheme anyways.
Blue is a nice color because it signifies trust, responsibility, honesty and loyalty. It is fresh and cool to the eyes. Thus, aside from the services that Facebook provides,the appearance plays a huge role in enticing its audience.

hosten

Facebook has been inspired from the sky as the sky does not have any limit. Similarly, Facebook has no limitÛ”

gelotologist

I think blue has the most powerful color in terms of business. You can always make people smile with just the color of blue, it means blue has the vibe of the sky which is free and fresh. Other colors may be good too but blue for me has the best vibe in terms of getting audience to be in your business.

shanejhane

According to research Mark Zuckerberg is color blind that is why he choose color blue only on Facebook, and I think there is no problem about that, since blue is one of my favorite color, its so simple and you can see it is easy to use, also Facebook don't need to put some different color of its since its very attractive and calming.

Judas2018

Interesting tidbit of information to learn. I am happy he chose blue though because I think a Facebook featuring a bright red or yellow would be obnoxious. The current color scheme is smooth, easy on the eyes, and cool to look at. I hope it never changes.

jaymish

I personally don't think he chose the color himself. He probably had an army of consultants and designers. To me blue has a calming effect. It's a universal color. It would have been weird if facebook was green, red or yellow. The tone of blue is also quite interesting. It's not too dark or too light.

Actually, it would be interesting if they changed it. Maybe they should try it. Facebook has been around a long time. Though it's a social media giant, maybe it's time to shake things up.

Xavier219

The color blue is a very relaxed, chill type of color. When I think of blue, I think of water and the sky. It's a very friendly and inviting color. I think that's the reason Mark used it. I noticed Walmart uses blue as well.

Chibee Gordon

He had his reasons for choosing the blue color. But trust me, even if he had chosen orange, facebook is so handy that it could not be ignored. It started out as a fun place for teenagers. Now, professors even fuss around facebook more. It is a country.

The concept matters more. And a good web design isn't a bad idea either. My gmail goes with red and I don't see how it had made it unofficial.

szerjhex18

Blue is a neutral color. Is kinda cool for both gender. So i think whatever reason Mark has , i hope it's also include that he made it blue to everyone so that we can't felt awkward because blue is best on both gender.
Just imagine if he made Facebook page in a pink color? What all man's feel while using it and they saw a pinkish logo, design, bar etc. they will feel like duuuuuuhh???? =) I hope it will make sense :p

Crist

Blue is the color of the sky. Sky is wide and everyone can see it. It symbolizes intelligence, trust, loyalty and wisdom. And I think that is how facebook symbolizes now. As wide a the sky where everyone can see it. Can meet and connect to all and new friends. It has to much knowledge that being share everyday by each and every users across the globe. This might be the reason why he choose BLUE together with WHITE.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.