How to know if a website is a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmoz

Hello,

Can you show me Signs How to tell if a website is a scam?
To do online business, we need to know more things to avoid scam like waste of time and money or even we can lose money if we didn't a website is scam.

please share any your thoughts

Thank you

HostNurse

You can check the website history and reviews available about it on the internet, you can ask on forums to see if any had experience with them, in other words, do your research.

khalid

You can also check the ssl of the website or https .You can also search about the website in google.

RichWilliams

Just go through review about that site through forum discussion,online information and if you have any experience in that particular domain then it can easily help you to analysis about that site.

Andrew

I think checking its rating in wot chat help if you don't want to check at least get a review of that product.

aksel

You may use different plugins to find whether a website is trusted or not. Like web of trust plugin apart from this review of websites can help you a lot. You can also check whether there is any complaint made for website or not.

kazoone

And one of the oldest... "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

anor0428

Search on the internet and check for reviews, that's what I always do to know if a site is legit or scam. Not all but most of the scam sites require payment upon registraion. Important reminder: don't just click on one result, some people also do a fake reviews and fake proofs of payment to recruit and promote. Be aware, always do multiple research before joining any site.

Judas2018

Most of the time this boils down to common sense. Some sites look shady from the moment you land there. Other sites SCREAM shady. You should run from both immediately. Also is products seem overpriced, payment options seem weird or too narrow. Most importantly though, you can tell a bad site by how many ways there are to contact the site owner or administrator. They have many ways to send them money, but hardly any ways to reach them if something goes wrong. Very suspicious.

Hurry14

Now that I've been trying to earn money online, I also wanted to know on how to know if the website is a scam o fraud. I know I just need to research about the website or company, but whenever I do that thing where I read reviews and blogs about it. I just get confused because of contradicting reviews or blogs about the company. So I always ended up just trying it and unfortunately it's always a waste of time. So if I'm hoping I can learn a few techniques or knowledge on how to know right a way if it's real or not. Thanks in advance.

Melissa16

A secured website provides contact page while a scam site doesn't have one. Most sites have contact page so that users can send questions, comments, and concerns to the owner of the site.
Usually, a website that has a "https" tag is more secure, and therefore more trustworthy. And also, try to check other people's review. If there are many negative than positive reviews, then
you will most likely want to avoid the site.

So beware of those suspicious sites and protect yourself online.

gelotologist

If u want to know if this websites are a scam or not, the first thing you should do is you check the review of their website you can probably see it or search on the internet and check if its free or a paid domain. Also, watch some reviews on Youtube where some people already used that website and they will tell if you if it's legit or not.

Nancy G

Hello,

Can you show me Signs How to tell if a website is a scam?
To do online business, we need to know more things to avoid scam like waste of time and money or even we can lose money if we didn't a website is scam.

please share any your thoughts

Thank you

Below are some of the many ways you can check whether website is legitimate or not based on my experience.

Look for the "https" tag which is usually more trustworthy than a site with the more common "http". You will also find a colored padlock icon followed by the word Secure on the left portion of the address bar prior to seeing the //https/website. At the first instance when you search for the website, normally you are given a warning if site is not secure.

I notice that when you open a bad site, you will be led to glaring ads or offers that direct you to another site or requiring you to click a video or answer a survey before you can actually go to the site or at worst infect your device. Also some of these sites are normally written in poor English, lots of misspelled words or incorrect grammar which make you doubt their reliability.

Beware of websites that offers “getting rich quickly” money schemes with “free seminars or training” or asking for money. Normally they make very good presentation quickly leading you to click the decision box. If the offer is too good to be true, delay your decision and research the company first.

There are many ways to do your research work. You can browse through the reviews or open forums available on the website itself. Better yet, you may search through internet for actual reviews made by reputable companies or individuals and complaints made with the Better Business Bureau or other agencies. There are also some websites who can help you check these companies as mentioned already by the other content writers. Some even bother to actually contact the phone no., check on the actual company site or personally verify with any of the reviewers to complete their own investigations. I have a real experience of writing an email to the contact reference provided in the website just to get a returned email citing “email address not found.”

Lastly, if you are quite or half convinced but instinct tells you otherwise. Then, get a third opinion from people you trust so that you will can make a proper decision and have your "peace of mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.