Differences between A Blog and A Website?

hoangvu

Hi everyone,

Can you show me what is the difference between a blog and a website ?
I get confused about this problem and it's great if someone can explain for me obviously.

Thank you

Stephen Seabrook

In simple words a blog is an online journal where people can update data frequently and web site is a group of web pages where material is published for several reasons. This is the common difference between them.

scarlettjack

A blog is use to submit any story, artickes, news, or updates of company. where as site is for promoting business products & services

RH-Calvin

The basic difference is that a blog has regular updates with high quality articles, whereas a website contains static contents and is not frequently updates.

DPrat

Hello everybody,

this thread is getting interesting. In my opinion the question is not appropriate. It must be "Difference between a Blog and a Portal" OR "Difference between a Blog and a Static Website".

I hope everybody will agree with me in these points:

1. Every Blog is a Website (definition of a website - an e-location on World Wide Web, which can be reached from any internet connected device from anywhere in the world)
2. Every Website may not a Blog necessarily.
3. The word "Blog" came from "Web-Log", which means a platform where an individual or a group of individuals can enter and save articles and writes about their knowledge and acquired information (from some research) which is accessible by the world and helpful to them.
4. The contents of a Blog is always dynamic. It gets updated every now and then.

Please let me know with what are you comparing the "Blog", then I can explain you more on this. I hope it helps.

abidasaalim

A blog can be use to publish a story, news or updates of a company good example of blog is wordpress or blogger

A website can be use for information or products/services.

rohanjain

Blog:
Blogs provide commenting system
Updated almost daily
Articles appearing in reverse-chronological order
Frequently crawled by Search Engines
Often covers a wide variety of articles
The major content of website remains the same.
A homepage that displays content from several sections of internal website pages.
A design portfolio of work.
A blog might be a part of a website, but not the only thing.
Client testimonials and feedback page.
Company’s terms and privacy statements pages.
A Contact form
A services/products page that displays what they have to offer for the visitors.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.