Change IP address, affect to SEO?

Peter

Hello,

Anyone know about that please share ideas, my site's just changed to a new IP address on same server hosting and I have some keywords in top 10 google. I'm afraid that some days later my keywords can be decreased rankings on search engine. will it happen ?

I have a question that changing IP address, it will affect to SEO?

Inquestor

Some people will tell you that "No, it will not affect your rankings". I was always a believer that an IP has some affect on search engine algorithms.

Example would be an IP that is blacklisted for some reason. That IP would be bad for SEO. This is why GoDaddy hosting isn't the greatest. They literally host 100's if not 1000's of websites under 1 IP!

In your case your website has been updated (Under new IP). The only thing you can do is wait and see what happens.

Joseph_Hill

Preciously changing of IP address affect our SEO ranking.Initially we have hosted our site in different server so link juice will be follow finally for that server, but changes in IP for our hosted site will make hosted site's traffic a bit hilarious to reach their hosted location.That's why most of ecommercial sites going through review before hosting their sites.

JakePeter

No, it does not affect SEO, but if anyone thinks so then please share the valid reason also.

BloodMaster

Yes ! If you want to change host server (It means change IP address) then its really effective on website ranking which is a most effective part of SEO. If your site is in India based and you are getting a IP located in USA , then your .in ranking will get affected.

DupiaHesailt

Don't use blacklisted IP's they can affect your website in a bad way, as your IP is changed now then I'll suggest that you wait for some time and see the latest responses on your website.

JoeHasty

One should try to maintain uniformity while using IP addresses for SEO, basically ranking does not depend upon IP, but if you are changing your IP frequently then moderators have rite to ban your Id.
As you said that ranking does not depend on IP, then what is the need of maintaining uniformity of IP?

Mark Steve

No dear, it will not affect your seo but yes it will affect for your ban domains where you have not permission to build your links.

supergal

changing Ip will not affect SEO.. You can use Proxy servers or software like elite proxy switcher to change your IP address. If you are a home user than you will be having dynamic Ip address.Just restart your modem/router and system ,your IP will be changed. Visit IP-Details.com to check if your IP is changed.

Mark I. Bentz

Some time in some task of SEO it need to be static over the IP till the task is not completed, so sometime when suddenly IP changes during the work process it can lead to ban website, in this way website get affected.

novandak

Hi,
I think, if you change IP address then it will affect to SEO. Make sure that new IP is blacklisted or not? If it is blacklisted, do not use it.

JuanRoth

Yes the IP affects the search results a lot. Because a link from a blacklisted IP is not gonna help you instead of that it may lead you get hit by the Google. Because you have can see using a blacklisted IP that Google may not gonna open or show you the search results showing that unusual activities have been performed from this IP. And this unusual activity is nothing more than the backlink building at bulk.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.