What is 301 redirection?

shantybeauty

Hi Friends, I have a question regarding SEO that what is 301 redirection and how it is beneficial for SEO.

BloodMaster

Let's discuss it with example. if your previous website was www.xyzsite.com and you wanted to change it to www.goodxyzsite.com , you'd implement a 301 redirect from the old URL to the new one. Now whoever typed in your old URL (or clicked on a leftover link to your old URL), would automatically appear at your new URL.

Benefit of 301 is that it redirects are above all important from the point of view of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). As it is the only server code that indicates the permanent move of a page to a new address, it is also the only code that is completely understood by search engines when indexing a site. Using a good server configuration, and well designed 301 redirects when releasing a new version of your website is thus crucial for your presence on search engines, and your potential incoming traffic.

Twitt

301 redirect is a catch phrase often used in SEO where nobody really explains how to do it. Many people feel too dumb to ask "how do I do a 301 redirect?" because they feel they should just know what one is.

Dana Franklin

A 301 redirect is a method of telling web browsers and search engines that a web page or site has been permanently moved to a new location.

alexsophia

Hi,
301redirection:-
A Web server function where an old URL can be redirected to a new one. 301 Redirect is a "permanent" redirect status indicating that the resource has moved permanent.
But i am sorry i don't know what is the benefit 301 redirect for SEO.
Thanks

rohanjain

It is the great method for implementing redirects on a website. Search engines don't apply penalities to 301 redirection. Thus search engines value signals to the new URL as the crawlers understand that your content has moved permanently.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.