How to SEO in App Store?

Maxwell

Hello,

I have a customer and he's working on phone Apps and he asked me about how to SEO/ranking in app store ( such as Apple, Google apps store,..etc )? I really don't have experience about that and it's cool if I have any suggestions/ideas about SEO people here.

Thanks in advanced!

BloodMaster

Personally, I never done this before but I think we can promote it through Forum posting, Bookmarking and with the help of social networking sites.

accordacademy

The app stores also have a keywords field. Unilke traditional SEO for web sites, the keyword field in the app stores does influence the search results because there is generally far less text to signal relevance on for an app than for a traditional web page. Stuffing the keyword field with unrelated keywords or competitors’ names can get an app rejected from some app stores, so stick with purely descriptive keywords that signal the purpose of the app.

The category an app is submitted to is also important for browsers as well as searchers. In many cases an app could fit into several categories. Choose the category that best fits the app’s function and user, but also contains the least competing apps.

Last but certainly not least is the description. The description field is the longest textual section of the page and acts similarly to the main content on a web page. Just like with traditional SEO for websites, the description text for the app should be written for the target audience and then optimized with the relevant keywords to attract searchers. Use words people search for as well as marketing messages in the description, and make it crystal clear that the app is offered by a reputable retailer with a trusted brand. Unfortunately, there are some imposter apps that pose as official apps and then spam the unsuspecting user’s phone with ads or bookmarks or other more malicious behavior. Linking the app store page to the official app page on the website, and reciprocating that link from the website back to the app store page, will reassure the customer that they have indeed found an app from a brand they can trust.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.