Select high competition or low competition keywords for website?

pathfinder

Many people said that it would take your time while you can invest more time to care for the less competitive keywords, the work will become easier and you have more than one keyword up top. It is also a point of view, however SEO difficult Keywords also gives you many benefits.
so will you select high competition or low competition keywords for your website ? Any comments ?

TheSocialSketch

I always do low competition keywords within a certain "local monthly searches" being more than 500 searches and less than 2000. As your site ranking and content gets spread you can then start upping to more competitive keywords. You can still include high competition here and there, but don't expect quick wins. High competition keywords require a LONG term strategy to rank well.

Nathanz

I think for new website select keywords with good search volumes and low competition. You can select long tail keywords in the beginning.

gtxpro

If you know how to do great SEO and have some money then you can go with high competitive one.

GreenBen

I personally select low competition but plenty of them. I make a list of around 100 typos and variations of expensive keywords then use the 20ish best at about 1/50th of the average expensive bid.

NileLars

Re:

I will suggest you to select keywords which have low competition and high searches. With this practice you can easily get ranking and high traffic from search engine.

JenKlum

For keyword selection we can select low competition keyword so that we can easily compete.

Last edited:

jewelhdson

I will select high competition keyword. We can get more traffic if we compete this keyword..

hawkeye

use a mix of long tail and short tail keywords and choose min.views a month between 5000 and 10.000
in global monthly search

When you are just starting, try to use a medium competitive keyword phrases. What do I mean by that? Use keywords which are searchable but not being used by big and famous websites. You will have a hard time when you use highly used competitive keywords because you will have to make your stand against other known sites.

bruno007

Choosing medium traffic keyword and long tail keyword is generally beneficial.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.