Should I allow Comments on my blog?

Jack London

Hi there,

I'm building a blog base on wordpress, I built some blogs last time but too more spams on comments thus I must disable blog comment fuction. So anyone give me any advice, should I allow comments on my blog for guest blogging?

And additional question, which is benefits of blog comments if I get more comments on each blog article ?

RH-Calvin

Yes of course, you should allow blog comments - the more number of comments the more is your blogs popularity. But do not make blog comments get posted direct, have them submit in a moderation queue from where you can be choosy enough to post the relevant comments that are directly related to your articles. This will help you to filter spam and also increase the popularity of your blog.

VipraDoot

Commenting shows that your blog is active and hence gets more SEO scores by Google and other search engines adding more visibility aspects but you must be careful about spam comments. You can use CAPTCHA to avoid spam comments and you may use one of the many great commenting plugins to get to your purpose.

Wintersmith

Better test yourself commenting system. If user won't be able to post a comment, he won't get into interaction again. That's why I wouldn't recommend recaptcha, as it's a positive comment killer.
As it goes for spammers, I recommend using word filters and inform, that comment will get into moderation queue. This simple notice stops dozen spammers from wasting their time. Those who still want to give a shot, will need to work a bit harder to bring some valuable content into your blog ;)

Adriana14

Yes it's a best way to get more traffic, you let people coment your posts but I advice you to put Nofollow on links

Adriana14

I'm ok with you Jovani, but there is some peolpe who comments a blog just to have more traffic and not backlinks

Tommy

Tommy
I have the same opinion with Adriana14, more people commenting blog that don't need backlinks, they only want to share their thought to everyone.

HostNurse

If you allow it, then make sure you add captcha and to use Akismet or BadBehavior plugins.

vishwa

Yes! Definitely you have to allow comments in your blog. It will help you to engage with your readers and allow them to share their thoughts and suggestions about the article.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.